Incline bench vs Flat bench

Dvst8or

What is everyones opinion on which is "best?"

I put quotations around the word best because I know there is no such thing in the bodybuilding world.

I thought that I remember reading, before I got started on HST, that bench press with a slight incline was best. But recently I have seen several posts to the contrary with people recommending flat bench as better.

Just wanted to get some clarification and get some of peoples opinions and reasons why they prefer one or the other.

Brian

I prefer to use the incline bench and dips. I've had better chest development with this than anything else. Plus, the inclining of the bench takes a lot of stress off of my shoulders and I no longer have any problems with them.

I have always felt that incline was easier, which seems wrong, but It feels like I'm able to get the right muscles lined up better under the bar when there is a slight incline. Does that make any sense? Flat bench feels "weird." I have long arms, maybe that has something to do with it.

Flat and dips have given me better results this cycle than last. Can't answer if that is due to it being better training, or just me doing better on my diet, etc.

Back