Inside the Muscle Laboratories

jdreich

Hi guys,

I recently came across this article:

http://tinyurl.com/r42u7

The good stuff starts at the second page. Any similarities with HST are pure coincidence
smile.gif

Best regards,

JD

Yup. MH and Alwyn Cosgrove have done an excellent job of re-summarizing the results of research that Bryan had already summarized years before.

rock.gif

Great article. When people doubt HST, I can direct them to Brian's work, but even with it's scietific citations, they dismiss it because it's just "HST's creator's words." It's nice to have another source pointing to the same truth.

It's a good read but I think it's still missing the true magic of HST. The workout described totally misses the boat when it comes to progressive load within a HST cycle and SD.

etothepii: I have come to the conclusion that I will not waste my breath trying to convince people anymore. They either think you are selling them something, don't understand, don't want to understand or just don't want to change. I will continue to let them bang away on the bench press while I finish my entire body workout before they are even finished benching.

Heard two guys yesterday. When asked what they are working today: "Legs, legs, legs and more legs". I could only laugh to myself as I was leaving the gym and getting ready to grow!

Keystone

It's like arguing with someone who still believes the earth is flat.

Just read the article, denfilty reiterates the fundementals of HST.

I wanted to pose a question in regards to the rep scheme used in the article vs. the rep scheme most of us currently use.

Does anyone think progress would be improved with a varrying rep/set scheme each workout or is the cuurent HST routine optimal for results.

I have done several cycles of HST and think the results have been good. I just wanted to see if certain variables were changed could my results be improved.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

I wanted to pose a question in regards to the rep scheme used in the article vs. the rep scheme most of us currently use.

Does anyone think progress would be improved with a varrying rep/set scheme each workout or is the cuurent HST routine optimal for results.

I have done several cycles of HST and think the results have been good. I just wanted to see if certain variables were changed could my results be improved.

Back