Interesting tactic on looking more cut

Joe.Muscle

I got this from a Mixed Martial arts trainer and nutrionalist. Interesting read on how to look more cut or defined before going to beach, or photo shoot. I am not sure If I will ever try it...but if you had the time it sounds cool. Enjoy !

[ Q ] How would you achieve a good balance of enzymes?

I usually get the enzymes through foods, but you can supplement those also. Important ones include pepsin, bromelain and amylase. The right way to achieve a good balance would be to combine two complete animal proteins in one meal. For example, you could eat one chicken breast and supplement this with one scoop of a powder.

This way they don't get the chicken breast as the only protein source, they get to add something to it. You don't really know exactly what your body's needs are if you are training heavy. I'm not saying that more is better, but if I were going to get fat, I would prefer to get fat from excess protein ingestion than from excess carbohydrate ingestion.

[ Q ] What do you have your guys eating? I am assuming they don't become overweight from eating too much protein.

My guys usually don't have any problems because I have them eating pretty clean. They eat carbohydrates like yams, brown rice, small red-skinned potatoes and oatmeal. The bodybuilding lifestyle is all based on that, but I try to take it to another level.

For example, the biggest trick I teach, which is a trade secret within bodybuilding, is before a contest (to make weight) or show, have your fighter sit in a hot bath - the hottest water they can handle - with approximately one gallon of Epsom Salt and five to eight bottles of Winter Green rubbing alcohol, (which is pored on the body).

They lay in there and it sucks out all the subcutaneous water, while allowing the body to retain its intramuscular water. For bodybuilding purposes, if you sit in that for 30 to 45 minutes, pad dry it off, and go straight to sleep. When

[ Q ] How exactly does this work.

Well, when you think about it, alcohol is a muscle soak that has been used for years. When you add Epsom Salt to this, it makes a gradient in the water, and through passive diffusion the salt concentration in the water is higher than the salt concentration in the body, so water passes from the body out into the water in the bathtub.

There was a post about this last week. I will reply with the same response. I am not discounting the worth of it, but if it works, then you will be severely dehydrated. Is that worth it? Most of us are on this forum because we want to have a healthier life, and this seems to go against that.

Well, when you prep for a contest, you'll be severely dehydrated on average, at least until after judging...

Didn't see the that post from last week.

Yeah its not the healthiest route....then again bodybuilding doesn't always take health into consideration.

Just thought it was interesting.

Back