Is HST appropriate for me as a tennis player & swimmer?

pepperr

Hi all,
Just found out about HST via Lyle's website. I've decided it's the most time efficient program for my schedule and my goal, which is putting on mass. Little background: 21 years old, 6'1", 166lbs. I play tennis 3x a week for about 2h each. Not always matches so it doesn't always get super intense. I'm picking up swimming(Total Immersion style) again and plan to do it 30 mins every off day. Those are my two passions and I want to improve performance in those sports. Will this program provide that?

My goal is to build a physique like GSP, though I know do not have the time to train like him. I'll post a picture tomorrow morning, but I'm a pretty lanky fella. I sit at about 6-7% body fat(that's what my professor measured me at with her calipers - claims to have 25 years experience under her belt). I'll post a picture in the morning.

One thing about my fitness that is horrendous is my cardiovascular health; I get out of breath easily when jogging or sprinting. I haven't run a timed mile in years. I wanted to start HIIT again to increase my cardiovascular fitness and Vo2 max.
***I've read that heavy cardio is not recommended for this http://thinkmuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?12737-Cardio-During-HST here
***Since I'm looking to put mass, I want to do it using Lyle's model. Yet the above thread says I should eat at maintenance. Shouldn't I eat with a slight caloric surplus?

The only link I have to the HST routine is this: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hst1b.htm
Is this sufficient or do I need more? I tried looking for an FAQ for everything I need to get started but didn't find any particularly relevant threads. Guess I just need an explanation of what to do to really do HST.

A clarification of this is greatly appreciated:

"Do a 9-12 day SD, and start the HST program.

The next time around, rather than finding your maxes all over again, simply add 5-10 pounds to all your lifts. In other words, go back over your previous cycle and add 5 – 10 pounds to each weight that you recorded before for the next cycle. Keep in mind that training at your absolute max weight is not necessary to grow….trust me."
-Found here

Will HST help me reach both my goals? If not, which one can it help me with?

I appreciate any informative comments.

Back