Is it acceptable to do a separate ab routine?

speedy5323

I am currently cutting, and am already accustomed to working abs 3 days a week. I'm trying to especially get the abs popping for summer, and feel they require a little more than a weighted ab crunch. At the very least I feel as if I need to isolate obliques, upper and lower abs. I am currently using a periodization program for abs and have been seeing remarkable results. My question is as to whether it ok to do a separte ab routine at the end of the workout, or would it be equally beneficial to apply hst principles to excercises such as hanging leg raises, and oblique work. Thanks.

No problem Speedy. Many of us do separate ab routines. I do one designed for core strength to fortify my lower back.

I've actually just started including some lower back work in mine as well. One thing that I have realized in the past few months, is how effective hanging leg raises are for me. I'm an advodcate of switching workouts up about every month, however, every time I try to use another move to target lower abs, the defenition that I have while doing hanging leg raises seems to be reduced. I'm thinking I will just start doing different variations of leg raises to keep it mixed up.

Back