Is it ok to start my HST program?

NoPainNoGain

Prior to this week, I had been in a SD phase for 11 days. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week, I was using this program : http://www.nutrex.com/saismassbuilding.html . The reason I didn't do the HST routine after my SD phase, was because my weight zig zag went too deep into other rep ranges. I couldn't come up with a good scheme, so I decided not to do it. Now I've solved my problem, and I'm ready to give HST a shot.

I know it's recommended to do a SD phase before you start HST, but I really don't want to go another 11 days without training all because of 4 measley days of training. Could I just skip the 15s altogether, and be ok, or could I do the whole routine without any setbacks? My recovery is PHENOMENAL. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Oct. 30 2005,6:07)]If you aren't SDing, your aren't doing HST.
I just came off of an 11 day SD phase. I can't see going another 11 days just because I worked out for four days this past week.

I hope you were using VitargoCGL and Vitrix during those 4 days of training! JK.

I think it would be neccessary to take an SD before jumping into HST considering you were using low reps and high weights during the 4 days that you were using Marcus Ruhl's program.

However it seems to me that you wasted your time posting the question because I think you will not do the SD no matter how many guys suggest it.

A little side note: If by PHENOMENAL RECOVERY you really mean you are on AAS then yes your right you will not need an SD.

Joe G

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joe G @ Oct. 30 2005,6:43)]I hope you were using VitargoCGL and Vitrix during those 4 days of training! JK.
I think it would be neccessary to take an SD before jumping into HST considering you were using low reps and high weights during the 4 days that you were using Marcus Ruhl's program.
However it seems to me that you wasted your time posting the question because I think you will not do the SD no matter how many guys suggest it.
A little side note: If by PHENOMENAL RECOVERY you really mean you are on AAS then yes your right you will not need an SD.
Joe G
Actuall I do use Vitargo, but I use BSN's AXIS HT instead of Vitrix.:P
You're wrong about me trying HST. I spent almost an hour and a half trying to fix my zig zag problem so I could start HST. Since it seems imparative that I do another SD phase, I will just go ahead and finish the remaining 3 weeks of the SAIS program. Maybe I'll gain a bit of strength to up my weights for HST, and maybe not. I just know that I can't go another 11 days without lifting. I should've started HST this past Monday like I wanted too. Damnit. :mad:

NopainNogain

Ok, let me see if I can help out here! :D

There is no reason to get uptight, if you don't want to SD, fine! Remember tohough that it is an essential part of HST and may influence your gains, leading to a possible disbelief in a good training program!

So, the problem was zigzagging, well collect my program and us it, I have fixed it so that there is no zigzagging at all. However the difference is that I plug values on the last column (that being 1RM) and all the other values are calculated from there, chop and chnage as you like as it is not set in stone and it is for anyone's use, I have posted it before but am not in the mood to search for it now, so without further adue here goes:

One last thing, sounds like you have your maxes worked out, if not you should SD for at least one week.

If you choose not to sd then go for it, and yep include the 15's, they are necessary.
tounge.gif

NopainNogain and Fausto,

I can understand why you would not want to zig zag because you feel like your not REALLY progressive loading.

However from my personal experience in my first HST cycle I zigzagged atleast two days usually three into every new rep block and I had great results in terms of strength and mass.

A quote from the man Bryan Haycock
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Or if your 15RM and your 10RM aren't that far apart, you will be repeating some weight loads as you go from block to block. This is what we call "zigzagging". I have yet to see a difference in gains from those allowing zigzagging of their weights, and those who don't.

So even if you cant figure out how to avoid zig zagging from Fausto's link, just go ahead and do it with zig zagging!

Joe G

Back