Is my routine ok?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dannyt
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_dannyt

Hi everybody.
This is going to be my first HST cycle, and it would be great if you experts could check to make sure I'm on the right track.
My plan is to do an AM/PM split on monday, wednesday, and friday.

I want the main focus to be upperbody development, especially my arms which are lagging a bit. I plan on doing an upper-body workout in the am, and a full-body, with greater emphasis on the lower body, in the pm workouts.

AM:
Slight incline DB bench press x 2 sets
Dips x 1
BB shoulder press x 2
Lat pulldown x 2
Seated rows x 2
Hammer curls x 2
Tricep push downs x 2
BB Shrugs x 2

PM:
Squats / Leg press x 2(alternating each workout)
Stiff leg dead lift x 2
Standing calf raises x 2
Slight incline DB bench press x 1
BB shoulder press x 1
Seated rows x 1
Hammer curls x 1
Tricep pushdowns x 1

In the second week of the 10's and 5's I plan on dropping all exercises down to 1 set, which is what I read to do in another thread.

My main questions are:

Is my exercise selection and ordering ok? What about the number of sets?

Should I increase the weight every workout, or every day? If i', increasing every workout then my increments are going to have to be pretty tiny.

While I'm alternating leg press and squats should I reach my max load on the last two workouts, or only on the last one? For example; my 10rm for squats is 50kg + bar, and is 170 kg for leg press. If I'm squatting on the last friday of my 10's should I leg press 170kg on the last wednesday of the 10's, or lower it so I can still progress on friday.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Darin

from the faq: you should increase the weight every day. or every two days, if you want bigger increments.

Back