Is this enough?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dilsie
  • Start date Start date
D

Dilsie

Will this be enough to see gains, provided my diet is in check and I follow the program consistently?  Trying to simplify things, but don't want to simplify too much.

Squats
DB Incline Press
Chins
DB Shoulder Press
DB Alternating Curls

Thanks in advance.

<div>
(Dilsie @ Nov. 12 2009,2:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Will this be enough to see gains, provided my diet is in check and I follow the program consistently?  Trying to simplify things, but don't want to simplify too much.

Squats
DB Incline Press
Chins
DB Shoulder Press
DB Alternating Curls</div>
You can simply a lot, but I'm wondering where your back work is. This is my routine, it's as simple as it gets.

Day 1
Squat
Bench
Row

Day 2
Dead Lift
Clean and Press
Lat Pull Down

I'll also alternate curls and triceps extensions one day, crunches the next.

Yeah, I'd always have squats and some form of deads in a simplified program even if you only do deads once a week (or perhaps only once a fortnight, if you find weekly deads too much).

Xahrx, interested to know if there's any reason why you list deads before cleans for Day 2?

If I do deads and cleans in the same session, I would usually choose to do cleans first. That way my low back is not fatigued from the deads and my form for cleans is at its best. Once I'm done with cleans, I'm well warmed up for some heavier deads.

Ah, just had a thought: maybe the answer is because you are 'clean and pressing' rather than 'clean and jerking'? So the load you would be using would be relatively lighter for pressing than for jerking and so form for the cleans would be less of an issue.
rock.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Nov. 12 2009,9:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">maybe the answer is because you are 'clean and pressing' rather than 'clean and jerking'? So the load you would be using would be relatively lighter for pressing than for jerking and so form for the cleans would be less of an issue.  
rock.gif
</div>
Yup, lighter weight. Plus sometimes, depending on how my knees are feeling after deads, I'll do a clean from the rack with just a little knee bend to help propel the weight a bit. I used to do full rep off the floor clean and presses all the time. Greatest shoulder exercise for me thus far.

Back