Is Zigzagging back 4 of 6 sessions OK?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dxwallace
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_dxwallace

My setup for biceps looks like this

20-20-25-25-30-30 (15's)
25-25-30-30-35-35 (10's)

I don't wanna use dumbells lower than twenties so I must use same weight for 2 sessions. However my max for 10's is only 35 lb which forces me to zigzag 4 sessions of 25-25-30-30 in my 10's micro-cycle.

Is that acceptable, to go back over 4 poundages in the 10's micro-cycle?

do you have access to do preacher curls?? that would have you basically double the weight because you are using both arms and the 5 pound increments would be more effective..

eg. if you could curl 55 in the 15s and 70 in the 10s you could just do a little zig zag like:

35-40-45-50-55-55 (15's)
50-55-60-65-70-70 (10's)

whats the rest of your workout like?? do you need to be doing biceps by themselves?

<div>
(dxwallace @ May 22 2008,3:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My setup for biceps looks like this

20-20-25-25-30-30 (15's)
25-25-30-30-35-35 (10's)

I don't wanna use dumbells lower than twenties so I must use same weight for 2 sessions. However my max for 10's is only 35 lb which forces me to zigzag 4 sessions of 25-25-30-30 in my 10's micro-cycle.

Is that acceptable, to go back over 4 poundages in the 10's micro-cycle?</div>
What you have done will be fine. It'll make very little difference in the long run. Do another set if at the start of 10s if you feel like it. Heavy chins, dips and rows and bench will probably make more of a difference to your arm growth at this stage. Once you get to the 5s, isos will make more sense.

Because of the problem with incrementing weights with dbs (like krenshaw pointed out), why not use a bb instead of dbs until you get stronger? You can increment loads more easily this way.

I'm considering changing exercises. That preacher curl doesn't feel like it does much for me. But with this new philosopy, that could just be my mind and the muscle is getting the proper stimulation. I like the dumbell curls over the curl bar because I always get a good burn and it feels like the muscke is working properly.

Of course, reading just about everything on this post and following the teachings of the great workout-Zen master Bryan, I don't wanna erroneously conclude just because something &quot;feels&quot; a certain way, then that would be the best thing to do for Hypertrophy. For example you mind could like one thing over another because it is easier to do, as in the mind would probably rather walk to the store than sprint

Since I start monday and have been resting for 8 days, I can't go back in the gym screwing around with a new exercise. However, I used to keep notes on exercises when I was trying out every thing under the sun over the last year and I think I can do well as finding my 15rm for the curl bar.

The rest of my routing incorporates the lat pulldown, and an exercise I do on a Freemotion Machine where I do a crossover pull from a angle where my arms are raised shightly high (really good for real delts). These exercese have always put demands on the biceps also so I should be good.

But I might will switch to the curl bar to start although heavier curl bar exercises for me make me lose form.......

Db incline curls are a really good exercise so don't dismiss them right away. However, you should be able to find a way to do arm curls with a straight bb (or an EZ-curl bar) that works your bis really hard. If you have access to 2.5lb plates (or lighter) picking good increments each session should be a breeze.

Back