Isolation on seperate days?

kidkurious

I find that just by doing the 3 main exercises (especially during the 5's), I have no energy left to do my isolation exercises, which makes it hard to progress the weight in them.

I was wondering if I can do the main exercises on say, monday, then do my isos on tues, the ndo my compounds again on weds, then do my isos again on thurs, etc.

Would that be effective?

kidcurious

I have tried that with success, some have called it the Faustonian workout, it should be floating around, if you don't find it give me a shout and I'll e-mail it or post it!

My e-mail: fSilva@aspenpharma.com

<div>
(kidkurious @ Feb. 16 2009,10:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I find that just by doing the 3 main exercises (especially during the 5's), I have no energy left to do my isolation exercises, which makes it hard to progress the weight in them.

I was wondering if I can do the main exercises on say, monday, then do my isos on tues, the ndo my compounds again on weds, then do my isos again on thurs, etc.

Would that be effective?</div>
I too have the same problem, started on my 2nd cycle of HST and I'm finding myself stalling on my lat raise(5s).

Doing the same weight for the past 3 workout sessions and am going to continue doing so because I don't want to cheat and use bad form.

How to break out of this rut?

<div>
(Fausto @ Feb. 17 2009,2:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">kidcurious

I have tried that with success, some have called it the Faustonian workout, it should be floating around, if you don't find it give me a shout and I'll e-mail it or post it!

My e-mail: fSilva@aspenpharma.com</div>
nice

can you PM me the Faustonian workout instead?

thanks
smile.gif

thanks!
this this is awesome!
biggrin.gif

I'll incorporate this into my post-5's (max-stim). I'll post my updated spreadsheet when I complete it
smile.gif

<div>
(kidkurious @ Feb. 16 2009,10:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was wondering if I can do the main exercises on say, monday, then do my isos on tues, the ndo my compounds again on weds, then do my isos again on thurs, etc.

Would that be effective?</div>
I did something similar, although I split the compounds to maximize energy for the harder lifts. So, on Monday I did compounds for chest/shoulders/legs followed with arm iso's. Tuesday I did pull-ups and dips. My goal was to hit the arms a little harder, although I didn't see any better gains in size.

Just a quick thought, would reducing the number of sets to 2 or just 1 be an option too? I was under the impression that one clean set was enough, at least when you feel tired enough after doing the 4-5 main exercises plus 2-3 isos...

Back