Join pain & Warmups

Techo

I've recently developed joint issues with my left knee and right elbow. So far, it hasn't prevented me from performing any exercises, but it is causing increasing discomfort. A quick search on the forums confirmed that I am probably experiencing this because I am not warming up enough. Other posts suggest using suplements like glucosamine. Usually all I do for warm up during 5s and negs is chest, back and legs is 1 set at 50% of the weight. I know, shame on me =P I guess I haven't done more warm ups because as it is, my workout usually goes from 1-1.5 hours....

How many of you have had success with supplements such as glucosamine and extra EFAs?

How many of you wam up similar to the method recommended in the FAQ? I know it says it should take less than 15 minutes, but dang, like I mentioend earlier, I'm already short on time. Maybe it's time to cut the rest time in between sets or something....

I'm encouraged that more warmups may help this condition. At first, I thought it was because I was going to low w/leg press or squats. I didn't want to have to give that up and was actually hoping to go lower...

<div>
(Techo @ Mar. 14 2006,13:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've recently developed joint issues with my left knee and right elbow.  So far, it hasn't prevented me from performing any exercises, but it is causing increasing discomfort.  A quick search on the forums confirmed that I am probably experiencing this because I am not warming up enough.  Other posts suggest using suplements like glucosamine.  Usually all I do for warm up during 5s and negs is chest, back and legs is 1 set at 50% of the weight. I know, shame on me =P  I guess I haven't done more warm ups because as it is, my workout usually goes from 1-1.5 hours....

How many of you have had success with supplements such as glucosamine and extra EFAs?

How many of you wam up similar to the method recommended in the FAQ?  I know it says it should take less than 15 minutes, but dang, like I mentioend earlier, I'm already short on time.  Maybe it's time to cut the rest time in between sets or something....

I'm encouraged that more warmups may help this condition.  At first, I thought it was because I was going to low w/leg press or squats.  I didn't want to have to give that up and was actually hoping to go lower...</div>
stretching and warming up are worth it imo. easy to say not always easy to do. i warm up 10 min and stretch for quads and hams which are 1st. also do 1 light set for maj. musc. group. lift. i used to hate to warm up but now i use the time to focus on my w/o, go over the wgts and just prep. in general. i wouldnt skip it for anything now.

i do use gluc/condroit and efa is part of my diet plan. effectiveness of the glc/chond?...........not real sure i use it more like an antioxident, a little each day.

also, depending on how troublesome your pains are it may be worth seeing a therapist. in my younger days i just plowed thru everything and it all worked out but now not so much. in the past 4yrs ive had 1 major prob. (shoulder) and a few minor ones. saw a pt for them all and identifing the prob and treating it while its still minor has kept me going strong compared to the shoulder which needed surgery and knocked me out for 5 months.

good luck

Back