Joint and Tendon PAIN!!

CMoney

I am on week two of 15's. I have noticed that my joint and tendon pain that I brought to this program has gotten better but is still very painful. Should I do extra week of 15's or take a break for healing or go even lighter? 39 year old lifter

Did you take at least 9 days off before starting the 15s? If so, then just continue the 15s for awhile, go light, and be patient. If you didn't take any time off, then take 1-2 weeks totally off, then restart the 15s. In cases of bad joint pain, then you may need to do extended 15s for awhile.

What specifically hurts? You may have an injury and need to see a physical therapist or a doctor.

I would probably stop and have it assessed before I did permanent damage. Working through joint pain without knowing the root cause is never a good idea.

It got better but is still very painful? That sounds like inflamation that's getting better... I would probably err on the side of caution and have it evaluated before progressing.

I took about 5 days off instead of 9 days. I have some elbow pain (like tennis elbow) a small bit of pain in my distal tendon (bicep) and the tendon in my forearm that connects to my 3,4,5 fingers on my right hand. I talked to my family doctor and he suggested going light but I honestly dont know how light is light? If I don't feel anything after my set is that too light? If I feel something (meaning a good pump) then my tendon/joint pain is there. I think I might need to go see a sports doctor just to be sure. Also I should tell you that I am on the juice and I know that sometimes affects joint pain

Yeh, being chem'd up is going to change things; type, reason, dosage?

I would advocate taking an actual 9 days off minimum. 5 days is not an SD. It's missing 2 workouts.

Re: juice and joints - often, when cycling, muscles will grow faster than the connective tissue can keep up.

What are you taking and what dosages? Winstrol is terrible at making the joints feel like crap but a basic test cycle should not be effecting your joints.

While over a gram is a sizable dose, it shouldn't be causing joint pain so... looks like a bit of time off and more 15s would be a good idea, then during your hst cycle, I would not push for new maxes until you are confident your joints are good to go.

Alternatively, add in 500 mgs of deca.

I am on week two of 15's. I have noticed that my joint and tendon pain that I brought to this program has gotten better but is still very painful. Should I do extra week of 15's or take a break for healing or go even lighter? 39 year old lifter

Step one in figuring out this sort of thing is your form. I.e. what exercises cause pain, and what your form looks like in said exercises. The easiest solution is to exclude exercises aggravating said pain, the longer term solution is re-tooling your form to avoid it from happening again.

I recently had a similar problem with my elbows. It can take a while to heal up. What helped me was switching around to different exercises. It seemed that any type of pulldown or chinning exercise is what really agrivated it but most rowing exercises were ok. Then I had to check and see what curling exercises I could do as well without reagravating it. I would say stick with only rowing for the back for a while until it heals.

I find that neutral grip upper body pulling movements such as chins/pullups, lat pull downs, seated rows, one arm DB rows and hammer curls will put less stress on the elbows. They may be a bit less effective but they are easier on the elbows and you can usually handle greater weight. Anyway, they are better than to reinjury yourself.

Extensive long term use of wide grips, supinated or pronated, is more likely to eventually cause wrist, elbow or shoulder trouble than neutral grip, especially with heavy weights. Your form may be perfect but you are still causing parts of your body to perform in a position it was not intended for.

This also applies to many upper body pushing movements as well.

O&G :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Step one in figuring out this sort of thing is your form. I.e. what exercises cause pain, and what your form looks like in said exercises. The easiest solution is to exclude exercises aggravating said pain, the longer term solution is re-tooling your form to avoid it from happening again.

That is actually AMAZING advice and I am literaly sitting here like "why didn't I think of that" Thanks a million. I will avoid the exercises that tend to aggrivate it and then also do some SD. I am a trainer so I think my form is perfect. I think the juice just allowed me to go too heavy before I was ready.

I recently had a similar problem with my elbows. It can take a while to heal up. What helped me was switching around to different exercises. It seemed that any type of pulldown or chinning exercise is what really agrivated it but most rowing exercises were ok. Then I had to check and see what curling exercises I could do as well without reagravating it. I would say stick with only rowing for the back for a while until it heals.

great advice and I have since stopped doing pullups and watching my curls. thanks

I find that neutral grip upper body pulling movements such as chins/pullups, lat pull downs, seated rows, one arm DB rows and hammer curls will put less stress on the elbows. They may be a bit less effective but they are easier on the elbows and you can usually handle greater weight. Anyway, they are better than to reinjury yourself.

Extensive long term use of wide grips, supinated or pronated, is more likely to eventually cause wrist, elbow or shoulder trouble than neutral grip, especially with heavy weights. Your form may be perfect but you are still causing parts of your body to perform in a position it was not intended for.

This also applies to many upper body pushing movements as well.

O&G :cool:

You are exactly right. I am not sure about the elbow pain. I think it started when I was doing tricep pulldowns with the whole damn stack of wieghts or exaggerated form on my preacher curls. I think the problem was full extension or lockout. The forearm pain started when I was doing close grip bench for triceps. The pronated grip to get low with 200lbs was just too much stress on the forearms. Thanks for the tip.

Back