Just starting the HST thing and have a couple Q's

APHFM

So i have a few questions that i'd hopefully like to get cleared up before i being a full cycle for the first time. I've just recently discovered the HST and i'm considering trying it. Currently i'm on a 4 day split with 2 days for upper body 2 days for lower, and its worked well, but i'd like ot try something new.

The general work out I was considering is as follows
Legs:
Squats x 2 sets
Calf Exentions x 2 sets

Chest:
Flat Bench x 2 sets
Dips x 2sets

Back:
Seated Row x 2 sets
Pull ups x 2 sets

Shoulder:
Read Delts x1
Military Press x 1
Lateral Raises x 1

Biceps:
hammer Curls x 2

Tricepts:
Tricept Pull downs x 2

Abs:
Crunch macine x 2

Now unfortunately i do not have the time to do a twice a day work out. Is this too much to do for a single session in the gym? I read in the FAQ that I should limit my exercises to 6 or 7, but i'm not sure what to cut out.

Additionally i just want to clarify on the principles of adding weight. Using the calculate I've adjusted the weight accordingly for my bench/squat/row/calves but i'm having trouble calculating for my Dips, Chin Ups, biceps, and tricepts. The Dips and Chin ups i do on pull up bar/captains chair and i can lift my body weight quite easy. I don't really have a method of adding weight to that for my 5 rep set seeing as i can already lift my body weight 15 times for each for 3 sets. The Bicepts and Tricepts are difficult as well as the well is so minimal (i'm figuring my 10 rep max for pull downs to be around 45lbs and my 10 curl max to be 45 lbs as well.)

I'm just confused on what i should do to create and effective work out, and i could use any help.

Thanks guys.
worship.gif
worship.gif

I'm on the run, so I gotta be quick...

12 exercises may seem like a lot, but if you have the energy then you should be good.. maybe dump the iso's

As far as dips and chins go for adding weight.. if you goto a gym and there is an assisted machine that can add weight, then that would work... if not, then you need one of those belts to put around your waist and have weight attached to a chain

Back