LeavinBest training splits

robefc

Hi everyone,

I've just started my 5s and I need to split my workout up. Up to now I've been doing full body 6 times a week but the introduction of an extra work set, stretch point exercises and pulse reps now that I've reached the 5s means that I just feel too knackered to do this everyday. Rather than go to 3x a week I'd rather split my workout up - then my workouts are shorter and more intense and I can force myself to do more cardio!
sad.gif

Leaving legs out (I can fit them in anywhere) the split I'm favouring is as follows:

Session 1
Deads (x2)
Dips x2, cable flies x 1, pulse reps on pec dec x 1
chins x 2, pullover x 1, pulse reps on pullover machine x 1

Session 2
arnold press x2, cable lateral raise x1, bentover cable lateral x1, pulse reps on lat raise machine x 1
incline curls x 2, pulse reps on bicep curl machine x 1
one arm db ext x 2, pulse reps using pulldowns x 1

my reasoning is that I'll be able to use a greater load for my shoulder and arm exercises than doing a pull/push split...this isn't a specific objective of mine but as I do deads, chest then back at the start of my usual session anyway I'm not disadvantaging myself in anyway than I can see so the increase in load is another benefit of splitting my routine. The only thing I don't like about it is intuitively it seems wrong to give be doing 3 of the big 4 in one session and just shoulder/arm exercises in the others.

Any thoughts? Is my split the one you would choose? Would you prefer pull/push or another alternative?

Cheers

Rob

Back