Less than optimal, but still HST

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

At many times in our lives we have to make compromises. Working out is no different. For example, I do not yet own a bench, so I do weighted push ups as one of my chest exercises. Sometimes you have to make choices that are less than “optimal.” In HST, I see one’s schedule as a tough point to work around, thus requiring a compromise. I’ve read a few threads where people try to shorten the cycle from 10 weeks (including SD) to eight, six, or whatever.

After my SD, I will most likely not have eight weeks to work out regularly, so my plan is this:
1. Work out every other day, instead on M, W, and F. This is what some other folks do already, eliminating the extra day of rest each week. This way, you are truly exercising every 48 hours.
2. Do four sessions in the 15’s, four in the 10’s, four in the 5’s and four in the neg’s.

Combined, this will be 16 workouts every other day, for a total of 31 days (not 32 days, since the 32nd day would be a rest day.) Here, we have 2/3 a cycle in just one month – not optimal, but a good compromise, I think.

Although I am thinking of this as a way to deal with time constraints, I bet it could segue into 5x5 strength training well, if you want.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I bet it could segue into 5x5 strength training well, if you want. </div>

How so?

Anywho, it's a good idea to get a solid cycle of all rep phases into one month. Most of us would just choose to cut out the 15's or half the 15's and 10's if the cycle needs to be cut down.

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 10 2006,23:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I bet it could segue into 5x5 strength training well, if you want. </div>

How so?</div>
I've read that you shouldn't start strength training after SD, that you have to ramp up to it. Maybe that's not true, but a couple guys here have said something like that. I was thinking that this month of training would be a good way to condition yourself for strength training after a period of SD.

Yeah, you should ramp into it... although with 5 x 5, you wouldn't wanna start with the weight your were doing in negs or as your 5RM... bring it down a couple notches to give you some room. Hopefully that made sense, I am newer to strength training.

Back