little help starting up is required.

greatkeen

Hi fellas,

so i read as much as i humanly could abt HST on this website in past few days, now just require affirmation from experienced guys that i am implementing things properly:

all rules of HST understood...progressive over load, frequency etc...

going to be 3 FULL BODY sessions per week???

each session to comprise of 1 EXCERCISE PER BODY PART???

so how many SETS PER EXCERCISE OF EACH BODY PART????

REP range for week 1 is 15, week 2 is 10, week 3 is 5??? then go for SD?? i am not so clear about this part...if sumone could please elaborate... i also read abt post 5?? what is that?

For excercise selection its pretty obvious go for big compound movements for each body part...

anything i am missing on guys...

Thanks.

so how many SETS PER EXCERCISE OF EACH BODY PART????
the recomendation is
1x15
2x10
3x5
but if you have trained before i would do
2x15
3x10
3x5
REP range for week 1 is 15, week 2 is 10, week 3 is 5??? then go for SD?? i am not so clear about this part...if sumone could please elaborate...?
SD means taking a wk or two of before restarting.
i also read abt post 5?? what is that
dont understand this bit.

Post-5s are the two weeks following the two weeks of 5s in a regular HST cycle. So you get 8 total weeks per cycle: 2 weeks 15s, 2 weeks 10s, 2 weeks 5s, 2 weeks post-5s.

For post-5s you can continue with your 5RM loads or continue to increment and/or do negs for suitable exercises. Up to you and depends where you are in your training (ie. how experienced you are and what your goals are).

Thanks guys for quick feedback... i thought it was 1 week for each rep range, but will go for 2 weeks then change rep range...

a few yrs back i read of a program called Titan Training... it was based on all the same principals as HST, it even asked for 1 excercise per body part in a single day with 4 working days per week but each body part would be trained only 3 times per week. excersise selection was also big compound movements..

the only thing diff bw the 02 programs is Titan called for Day 1 in range of 15, Day 2 (for that body part) rep range 6-8 & Day 3 - rest pause style to elongate set..

The explanation for this setup, if i remember correct, was that research has showed priodization has further evolved into micro priodization, that is diff rep range within a week instead of original priodaztion that called for 2-3 months on one rep range then another 2-3months & so on... this was superseded by 2-3 weeks blocks of priodaztion.

any ways just sharing a thought here.

Thanks again guys for clarification.

Last edited:
Back