Loaded streches timing

Louno

Im at the start of my 10s and i never used loaded streches but i keep reading about it in here, but im not really sure when to use them ?
so when can you start using them?
do you use them every workout ?
do you increase weight every workout too ?

i was guessing maybe using them when i get to my first 2 weeks of 5s, then use drop sets instead for the extended 2 weeks of 5s ... ?
But i dunno maybe its good to use them during the 10s too? but not every workout? .... ok ill stop guessing, someone tell me hehe

thanks

what i did was find my 10 and 5 rep maxes for stretch movements for each compound. so it would be, DB flyes with Bench, behind neck pull down + cable row (close grip), and so on with several other isolation movement such as incline curl with BB curl. I started using them starting with the 10s and incremented like every thing else so the setup would be.

15s
1 set compound(which includes the simple isolation junk)

10s
1 set compound 1 set stretch

5s.
1 set compound 1 set stretch 1 set burn compound

extended 5s just carried on with the 5 RM stretch movements but incremented up with the compounds

thats basically all i did, hope that wasn't too confusing :)

pzhang

haha, sorry about that. That routine is actually almost exactly the same as the one in Jules compressed "pimped HST" version somewhere on the forum. Download that, and it will give you a good idea of how to work things.

pzhang

Back