Look at my HST and cuttin scheme

aGGe

Im in a cutting period now, as evereybody else.

at this period im going to do 15s and 20s compound exercises 3 times a week. for the whole cutting period.

and for my fatburning im going to do morning walks 6 times a week. When i feel like im going to run in a mid tempo instead of walking for a change.

that means that Im going to have 1 rest day.

my length is 190cm(6.3" ?) wheight 105kg (231lbs)
and im starting off with 3000 carbs. I´ll reduce it simultaneous as i drop my weight

Just 20 and 15 reps? Why not just do a normal HST cycle...

When you say 3000 carbs, you mean to say 3000 calories. That's a lot, but if you can lose weight on that, more power to you.

<div>
(abarlament @ Mar. 19 2006,03:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just 20 and 15 reps?  Why not just do a normal HST cycle...

When you say 3000 carbs, you mean to say 3000 calories.  That's a lot, but if you can lose weight on that, more power to you.</div>
20s and 15s because it burns more carbs from the muscle.
and its more aerob. but still is anerob.

of course i meant calories. I dont know what I was thinking.

hmm you think 3000 is a lot?
I calculated my daily intake and that was about 3400-3500 kcal.

If you only use 20s and 15s as your rep ranges, it would seem to me that you would be starting with less than your minimum effective load, and/or you wouldn't be able to progress much because you don't decrease the reps that much.

If you want less carbs in your muscles, just eat less of them. The depletion workouts in UD2 are necessary because a) you just carb loaded and b) you need to QUICKLY deplete muscle glycogen because you are going to carb load again in a few days.

If you are following a non-cycled diet, then you will be chronically glycogen depleted and lose fat just fine, without the need to stay in the 20-15 rep range.

Also, like I said, if you can lose fat quickly enough to suit you, then why go lower?

hmm..

well if Im on a low hypocaloric intake. wouldnt it be rather hard to lift the heavy weights at 5s
I will not have any energi.

the 20-15reps schedule takes only 30-45 minutes

while the 5reps takes over an hour of trainingtime

I think it would be harder to lift for high reps, but I think both are not out of the question. I think you'll have energy, especially at 3000 calories a day.

<div>
(abarlament @ Mar. 20 2006,22:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think it would be harder to lift for high reps, but I think both are not out of the question.  I think you'll have energy, especially at 3000 calories a day.</div>
He Ab!

i did cut my intake to 2600 now.
i ate 2000 kcal last summer. stopped the diet at 89kg(196lbs).
now when Ive bulked up during the winter Im around 105kg(230).

Fat one of course. But still I think I should eat a lot more than I did in my last diet. but I agree 3000 is a lot

<div>
(Enigma66 @ Mar. 21 2006,22:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(aGGe @ Mar. 20 2006,14:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">the 20-15reps schedule takes only 30-45 minutes

while the 5reps takes over an hour of training time</div>
Why would that be?  I think doing that many reps is a BAD idea.  Have a look at this article:

http://www.totalstrength.info/fatigue_and_tension.htm</div>
it takes more time because i do more sets at each bodypart.

Back