Looking for a volume thread

jvroig

Hey guys,

I've been desperately looking for this thread where they talked about stuff including volume. I tried searching so many times, but I never see it on the results. I tried the keywords "volume" and others like 400, push ups, 315 bench max junior high school, etc. (I'll explain later why those keywords)

All I remember from the thread is, in the middle of it, one guy told the story of his friend who was "crazy with pushups" and did them all day, and one time his friend said he did 400 push ups in one day. Then he said that friend of his achieved a max of 315 pounds on the bench press - and only in junior high school! Then someone else posted that he managed to get around 390 pounds in the bench press in high school, to which somebody replied with the simple words "that's unreal" after quoting the guy who said he managed to get around 390 pounds or something.

I'd like to review that thread again, but for the past week, I almost tore my hair out in frustration, I really couldn't find it. It contained some interesting stuff I'd like to review, and it was my fault I didn't mark it down for future reference... so I'd appreciate any help at all to giving me a link to that thread.

If you are the guy with that friend who did all those push-ups, you gotta remember that thread!!! Please!!!

Thanks in advance!
-JV

Oh man, that was a couple fellow football members i played with. One just was really into doing A LOT of curls and pushups at home because he wanted a big chest and arms, like most high school punks. =) Me included at the time, now i want the whole package.

His bench was VERY good for his age.

My other buddy was like that too, but once he got a job bricklaying his arms became much bigger after a while. It was like 5-6 months out of high school and he was bricklaying over the summer and his arms were dang thick.

Not sure what you're looking for in those threads, but i'll give them a searching chance sometime tommorow.

Yes, that was exctly what I was talking about. I knew it was either you or OneMoreRep, I just couldn't remember for sure. And I forgot to mention the bricklayer friend, but you nailed it in the head. Yeas, that was the other person you mentioned there, he did that job for the entire summer and his arms grew like crazy after.

Cool, hope this means I'm getting closer to getting to that thread again.

Back