losing legs

Peak_Power

My quads are too big, too much heavy squats and deadlifts.

My jeans don't fit, used to wear 87, now I bought 92 and they are still tight (maybe you use 34-36 if that makes more sense?).

I'm cutting at the moment so hopefully that will help, I need to even out my hams so I'll do SLDLs next cycle, only thing is DLs and Squats are the two big overall body mass builders, do people think its reasonable to do an "upperbody bulk" with SLDLs and leave out squats and deads to keep my quads under control? (I do a lot of cycling, rowing, running etc so they always been big.

Haha you don't sound too positve about it Carl. What I'm getting at is people in the know consider Deadlifts and Squats to be "overall mass builders", not just for quads, but build strength and mass in the back and shoulders as well. Will leaving them out of a program significantly affect my growth, or do people think it will be negligable provided I do big upper body compounds.

Hey Peak, I had/have the same problem.

This worked well for me.

I did A/B program, but twice a day 3 times a week.

So, the morning workout would include deads or squats, and one major chest/back exercise and the evening workout would be the other major chest/back exercise and no legs (except for leg extensions once a week at 10 reps).

Doing a routine like this is also EXCELLENT for cutting.

I wouldn't leave out normal deads. Just do them once a week and see how you get on. They should help you to retain upper-body mass during a cut.

I have the same problem, only it is not a problem for me. I just can´t buy overpriced levis as they are cut for people with no leg muscle whatsoever.

I have 5 pairs of Carhartt cargo pants which look reall good and are cut perfectly for my build.
Chicks dig them!

Peak...although I agree with the good Dr. here...cut the Levis and get something else...If I were you I'd just drop the frequency and volume.

Maybe down to one squat/one deads per week...howevre this is up to you, other alternative is to just do isos for a while instead, this would get you some definition.

Fausto, I THINK the only reason I don´t lose massive amounts of muscle during the raceseason is precisely because I squat 3x a week.

I agree with in that he should drop the frequency and volume.

JEEZ I wish I had your problem!
wow.gif

I do not want big thighs so I just do basic leg extensions and horizontal leg press. I also do splits and other leg stretches. All i want for my legs is explosive power so I train them mainly in TKD.

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 04 2006,10:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">JEEZ I wish I had your problem!  
wow.gif
</div>
Yeah, me too!!!

I was blessed with the chicken leg gene.  
sad.gif
   Every male on both my mother and fathers side have skinny legs.  So gaining size on my legs has always been hard and I have come to realize that I will probably never be happy with their development.

ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!ATG SQUATS!

I know how you feel. I just bought a pair of jeans yesterday at Wal-Mart. Big mistake. The waist is loose, the butt and tights are tight...

Like Lol suggested, I would keep conventional deads at least once a week. While cutting, you should lose the fat in your legs which will bring down the size a bit, maybe not much though.

''The waist is loose, the butt and tights are tight...''

No jean company for athletes?

Damn HST, its just too good
biggrin.gif

i think i disagree with most who have responded.
are your quads too big for your upper body?
are your quads too big for you pants.

if its the upper body then yes you should probably slow (not stop) their progress until the upper closes the gap a little.

if its the pants then i say no way, keep hitting it hard. i know very few people who lift that have seriously muscular quads/hams (a bit diff from just being big) and they are a sight to behold. no one questions whether they lift, everyone just asks how they can get a pair just like 'em. if youve got the ability/potential to be that guy id say go for it.

you could focus on strength and not hypertrophy for your legs? Or hit legs 1x a week instead of 3x.

How big around are your quads? I understand your frustration with clothing that doesn't fit right, I've yet to see a dress shirt that fit across the chest/shoulders/neck and wasn't a tent at my waist. Keep in mind that most mens fashion is designed for skinny little dudes, not us. If you love fashion, you can't bodybuild.

I, personally, would rather look better naked than clothed.

I bought a shirt for my wedding that was a tent like that. It cost me $12 extra to have it tapered by one of those Korean seamstresses that work the dry cleaners around here. I had to argue with her about the taper...she wanted to just make it straight; people don't understand the build of athletes and BB'ers.
It is undoubtably my favorite shirt, but I'll have to run this cut a while to get back into it!
Life is extra hard when you have an 18&quot;+ neck! (at 5'11&quot;)

Back