squats
flat bench
overhead press and sometimes lateral raises
barbell rows
barbell curls
skull crushers
wrist curls

all 3 sets of 5

calories are ~constant throughout 4 cycles and have made gains during 15s and 10s just not 5s

other hst principles are used as well. strict increased load, SD, 3 workouts per bodypart per week a bunch of creatine and protien, etc..

Calories should not be constant. They should increase as you gain weight. Did you gain or lose weight? If lost weight, you need more calories.

Routine is okay. Good focus on the compounds, you don't need so many sets for the little things like wrist curls though.

You could dump the curls and skulls, and really focus on the compounds, adding weight. Shucks, I get fat in the fives!

Listen up, dude!

The guys are right!

More food is what you need!

Also as mentioned the attention you putting on isoaltions should be given to the compounds instead, go check the Simplify and Win thread!
wink.gif

thanks to everyone thus far!

i did increase the calories slightly for weight gain so i guess constant isnt the right word.

going into the summer i want to keep the fat to a minimum. should i just accept the fact that i will lose size if i am not willing to bulk til after summer

Yes. You have to have a clear goal - either bulk, maintain or cut. Don't try to mix them together or you will usually end up disappointed.

Just a wee small point - are you actually doing calf raises first? If so I would shift them to last or thereabouts. You need all the help of stabiliser muscles (like your calves) when squatting heavy during 5s. Hammering your calves first is not a good way to get the best out of your squats - or any other exercise that requires good balance for that matter (eg. presses).

How do you know you are losing size? Did you use a tape or did you guess? Have you gotten weaker?

If you lose fat, you will be smaller when your shirt is on but you will appear larger when your shirt is off.

"If you lose fat, you will be smaller when your shirt is on but you will appear larger when your shirt is off. "thanks LOL this is a good thing to remember

yes measurements are less but no im not losing strength. dont have that overtrained feeling either

Back