losing weight during SD

skinnyman

hey guys, i notice i lose weight during SD. just recently i lost about 4 pounds even though my diet is still +200 surplus. is this to be expected? man, all those hard work gone in less than 2 weekS!?

A lot of us lose a few pounds during the SD. It really bothered me the first time, although I gained 15 pounds I lost 4 during the SD. I always gain the few pounds back during the 15's though and don't worry about it anymore.

Just a few pounds isn't relevant. It's probably water, since you aren't working out. I wouldn't worry unless you start losing more than 5 lbs during your SDs.

i gained 6 pounds in 8 weeks of HST.. then lost 4? what the? ...
if it's water.. then in 2 months i gained only 2 pounds of muscle/fat? ... man...

<div>
(skinnyman @ Sep. 03 2006,00:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i gained 6 pounds in 8 weeks of HST.. then lost 4? what the? ...
if it's water.. then in 2 months i gained only 2 pounds of muscle/fat? ... man...</div>
If you are going to keep track of weight, then always weigh yourself immediately after you wake up. Everyone's weight fluctuates throughout the day, but why bother with weight anyway ? It's measurements that count.

i do weigh myself when i wake up after i piss. I'm worrying about weight because i want to know if i'm gaining fast enough (1 lb per week right?) and if i'm maintaining what i've gained.

i really do notice a sort of &quot;deflation&quot; during SD.

does this also happen to most of you guys?
can't we do something to maintain the weight we gained throughout SD?
biggrin.gif

Just something to think about but if i remember rightly from reading your bulking thread a while back werent you having to eat 1000 over maintenance when bulking just to start putting on 1lb per week? This would suggest that the calories you need to maintain your weight is actually much higher than you have estimated...most people start gaining some weight when they are around 500 over maintenance. So your maintenance calories could be 500 calories higher than you have calculated it at, meaning if your maintenance calories is infact 500 higher than you estimated...what you think right now is a surplus of 200 calories is infact a deficit of 300.

Also reducing your carbs would result in some water loss like has been said thats probably part of it.
Personally id look to start gaining 2lb per week if i were you, ive read people saying 1lb per week and im not sure if this is being based on something or just passed around as an idea? Ive read other places people gaining up to 2lb per week and a decent amount of that being lean mass.

but still a deficit of 300 without exercise wouldn't be enough to lose 4 pounds in less than a week right?
oh and i'm using fitday.

the last time i gained 2lb per week i became so fat. hahaha. i was eating 1500 surplus that time.

Back