Losing weight

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_effero
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_effero

Hey guys,
since I started using HST four weeks ago i gained about 10 lbs scale weight (also started phosphagen HP and myoplex deluxe cycle). But, now I'm into my fifth week and I'm decresing in weight. Currently I'm 188lbs. In the last two days I lost about 3-4 lbs. My goal is 200lbs scale weight and then slim down to lean 190.
What is happening?
Is it possible to gain another 10lbs in the next 6-8 weeks?
Is the weight loss part of a normal cycle of things?
Thanks

It could be alot of things.
First, how often do you step on the scale and when?  You should weigh yourself once a week, in the morning upon waking, directly after you use the bathroom. The reason behind that is, if you do it late in the day and have not had a bowel movement, drank enough water, ate way more then usual... etc etc. Then this will throw off your weight. As stated above, body fluctuates quite a bit, so if you weigh yourself every day then you are likely to get readings that fluctuate quite a bit.

Have you just started loading on creatine?
If you did this will cause a weight gain. If you started it in the beginning of your HST cycle then make sure to be taking maintenance dosages of creatine. Otherwise you will lose about 5lbs give or take a few.

Also what is your caloric intake? Are you just eating a random amount of calories or are you MAKING sure your hitting a certain amount? Since you did not provide this I am assuming this is the problem. If I am wrong though and you are eating a set amount you may just have to increase your cals slightly. For about every 5lbs of muscle gained you will need around 200-400 more calories to accomodate the new muscle.

How much sleep have you been getting? Has it changed at all from when you were gaining weight? Are you having trouble sleeping?

Has your activity level outside of HST gone up?

Good Luck

I would assume if your still making progress with your lifts that it just means you havent been eating enough, or you've been burning more than you normally would. The calorie requirements of someone weighing 178lbs like u were before are going to be different to someone weighing 188lbs as you are now...have you increased the amount you eat also?

I agree with Nas... Make sure you weigh yourself the same time every day, preferably second thing in the morning right after you pee. Weight will still fluctuate day to day due to eating/bowel movements. I examine my weight changes over week to week basis with day to day recordings. Just make sure you are eating the right amount of calories - 500 over maintenance.
rock.gif

Thanks for the great replies guys,
I'm keeping the calories at set levels around 3000 a day. But' you're right, this is something that is going to have to be increased as my weight is going up.
Also, none of the other patterns have changed.
I take my weight first thing in the morning after I pee, once a week; I'm gettting the same amount of sleep; the amount of creatine is constant (10 g/day; I never did a loading phase) and the water ingested per day stayed constant (around 2.25L).
From your replies it seems that I have to start increasing my caloric intake as my weight is going up to keep gaining. So far I'm extremely happy with the progress.
Thanks again

I think they've hit on it. You've gained weight so you need to eat more.

10lb weight gain, much of it will be water, some fat, some muscle. Possibly need up to 250 calories a day more now.

Eat more = grow more
Grow more = eat more to keep it.

Such a vicious cycle.

I'm trying, but it's like I hit this brickwall and I got saturated. After 5 weeks every meal is a chalange to finish.
Now, years ago there was an article in Muscle Media 2000 talking about eating for size and it basically described a method where one would eat as much as possible for two weeks, to gorge the body with nutrients, and then diet (high protein) for two weeks to prevent storing nutrients as fat. Supposedly, with this method one would go two steps forward, one step back in the process of gaining and gain only lean muscle.
What do you think of this?

Its called ABC diet I believe.

I dont no much about it however I think a lot of the guys on here thought it was crap!

Back