Love handles - and lower back fat

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_domineaux
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_domineaux

I've been working hard to get rid of my love handles and the residue of fat that is still hanging around my lower back.

I'm starting the 10s Monday of my third cycle on HST. I am doing 2 sets all exercises.

My first two cycles I exercised one day and cardio next. I was doing an hour of cardio - brisk walking for 1 hour on treadmill.

Now I've changed my workouts:

This cycle I've now gone to a 2 day split, basically I work my lower body one day and then next day my upper body. I finish each workout with 30 minutes of cardio, which is a brisk walk.

I've been reading where fat burning is not effective for short durations of time. In other words I would need to walk on the treadmill at least 45-60 minutes at lower work levels to burn the fat. Something about the workrate actually burning fat must be a lower consistent rate to keep your body from going into other stores of carbs,glycogen,glucose,etc.

I'm curious if anyone has done a cycle or two of HST with 1 set of reps and 1 hour of cardio. I'm thinking this might be a better solution to get rid of the love handles and lower back fat faster.

i think you have the basic premise of Cardio, your on the right track my recommendation would be the diet side. I tend to try and take the least amount of calories I can take without losing size and that amounts to my BMR plus activity level and an additional 250 calories/day. i use to take in >3000 and was too much until i believe i read O&G mentioning he was growing with an extra 250/day. This change in the last month has made a great difference around the waist along with apple cider for the pre and posts and 30min cardio 2x/week. Unfortunately the waist is the last place you'll lose so you should be quite lean everywhere else and it just starts happening.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zoomz @ May 28 2005,3:23)]i think you have the basic premise of Cardio, your on the right track my recommendation would be the diet side.  I tend to try and take the least amount of calories I can take without losing size and that amounts to my BMR plus activity level and an additional 250 calories/day.  i use to take in >3000 and was too much until i believe i read O&G mentioning he was growing with an extra 250/day.  This change in the last month has made a great difference around the waist along with apple cider for the pre and posts and 30min cardio 2x/week.  Unfortunately the waist is the last place you'll lose so you should be quite lean everywhere else and it just starts happening.
I was having very real problems with diet cutbacks. I was gorging down the protein, but backing off on the carbs on cardio days. I was working out MWF weights and TTS cardio for 1 hour brisk walking on treadmill.

I did a 14 day SD and I was so wiped out half way through the first day of the 15s part of HST workout. I was almost panic. So I got on the supplements board and got some great suggestions.

It was suggested I do a 2 day split with 30 minute cardio, load the carbs for a few days, and get back onto creatine. The 2 day split means I just keep steady on the carbs and really load the carbs within 2 hours of workouts. Since I'm doing a weight workout daily excess carbs won't make a difference, especially when taken within 2 hours of a weight workout.

I've been reading where 1 hour of cardio and lower workrates after a weight workout will actually burn "fat" better than a 30 minute cardio at higher workrates. It's my understanding the higher work rate eats away at whatever carb and glycogen storage is left from the weight workout.

I've been reluctant to go to 1 set of exercises, because I already feel with 2 sets I've totally ignored volume. I just don't have time for 2 sets of a good weight workout and then 1 hour of cardio. It would take appx 2 hours, which is out of the question. 1-1/2 hours is the max time I can allow at this time. So I was thinking with 1 set on weights and 1 hour of cardio I could nail the love handles quicker, and then get back onto 2 sets on weights and 30 minutes cardio.

I realize the last place men lose weight is around the mid-section. It's just the way we're made. Women store fat all over their body, but men store it mid-section first...and the mid-section fat always comes off last.
blush.gif

I sure as heck feel sorry for people that buy the abs machines they advertise on TV. Wow, if they only knew you have to be at very low BF% to even see the abs. Those machines would only do what they're presented to do after you're already a hard body.
butbut.gif

Back