loved max-stim

sp8cemunkie

Hey y'all. Wanted to let everyone know i just finished 2 1\2 weeks of max-stim following 5's and I absolutely loved it. Lifted much more weight than I thought possible while using minimal M-time. Considering doing an entire max-stim cycle and skipping hst for a while (although they're very similar anyway). I was really dragging ass after the workouts and had great pumps and soreness. Thanx to everybody for their advice on the subject. It really exceeded my expectations. By the way - starting SD now for about 10 to 12 days. Does anyone drop their carbs during SD or is it too short a time period to worry about excess calories?

Besides liking the feeling of it.

How was your gains in size/weight? Did you test for strength increases after the MS cycle?

Max-stim is awesome. Only problem is that allows you to lift such heavy weights that you have to be careful. I always end up with crazy heavy loads and get burnt out. Its better to follow Dan's undulating progression which he has set up similar to HST, with the load increasing over time.
Good luck. Max-stim works well ime.
cool.gif

<div>
(sp8cemunkie @ Apr. 04 2008,14:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It really exceeded my expectations.</div>
Yeah, Max-Stim does that...
smile.gif

I started my first MS cycle this week.

I want to do a short one, to try it out. So I will do half the workouts. ie go routine1-90%, routine2-95%, routine1-100%, routine2-105% etc. Plus I skipped the initial workouts of 10RM. Went directly to 10rm-90%. I am also coming from a 1 month SD (had a very stubborn cold and cough).

Squat and DeadLift seemed very heavy. It took me 20 minutes to finish the 20 reps of squat. Wondering how I will do with heavier weights. But most of the other exercises were a breeze. It took me only 10 minutes to finish BP + Pendlay BB Rows (super set)!

Over the last cycle, using HST for 15s, 10s and 5s, then MS I put on about 10 lbs. body weight. Some around the waist unfortunately, but not much. I noticed quite a jump in strength though, getting 15 reps using 105-110% of my 5rm with 5-15 secs of M-time. My 5 rm in BP went from 275lbs. to at least 300 lbs by the end of MS (I was wore out after the 300# set). My squat and deadlift 5rm also increased by about 10%.I was really surprised at how easily the reps came with as little as 5 secs M-time.

sp8cemunkie

So you assume your strength went up because of the reps you do in MS. And I do hope you are right. But you did not actually try straight sets, did you?

Back