Low carb, HST?????

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_frivolousz21
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_frivolousz21

Just want to know if I should start the cycle with the 15's or something more inline with 10's since I will be eating no more than 50 carbs per day

the fact is, you will find a low carb diet quite taxing especially while your body adjusts to the lack of carbs. ive been on a alow carb diet for about 2 months and im starting to lean out quite well but i find im burning out on training days so ive had to increase my carbs before a workout. i tend to have a couple of bananas and a protein shake before my workout.
15,s should be ok but some would urge you to go heavy durin what could be seen as a cutting phase.

in the end your body will let you know how your doing.

<div>
(lcars @ Jul. 24 2008,2:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">15,s should be ok but some would urge you to go heavy durin what could be seen as a cutting phase.</div>
Yup, if you're cutting, you're gonna need to lift heavy, lest you lose that hard earned muscle.
sad.gif

<div>
(lcars @ Jul. 24 2008,2:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">the fact is, you will find a low carb diet quite taxing especially while your body adjusts to the lack of carbs. ive been on a alow carb diet for about 2 months and im starting to lean out quite well but i find im burning out on training days so ive had to increase my carbs before a workout. i tend to have a couple of bananas and a protein shake before my workout.
15,s should be ok but some would urge you to go heavy durin what could be seen as a cutting phase.

in the end your body will let you know how your doing.</div>
Are you counting calories/and in deficit on purpose?

Or free eating low carb and thinning out anyway?

that would be the latter, im trying to push my protein higher to compensate for the lack of carbs, i also am not afraid to take in a little extra fat sometimes, such as full milk etc. i try to avoid eating to a defecit, id only consider it if i was competing.

<div>
(lcars @ Jul. 26 2008,3:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that would be the latter, im trying to push my protein higher to compensate for the lack of carbs, i also am not afraid to take in a little extra fat sometimes, such as full milk etc. i try to avoid eating to a defecit, id only consider it if i was competing.</div>
thats very cool, especially considering that you're Ef-in huge!

it raises the &quot;is a calorie a calorie&quot; question. I would wonder if you're eating at the same caloric level and the lowered/controlled insulin is resulting in slow recomposition.

Or maybe the increased fat intake is causing you to actually eat slightly less and you're not aware of it because you're not counting.

are you aware of being hyperinsulinemic/hypoglycemic or insulin resistant to any extent? Do you 'crash' after high carb intakes?

Has your scale weight been stable while your waist is shrinking?

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Jul. 27 2008,3:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(lcars @ Jul. 26 2008,3:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that would be the latter, im trying to push my protein higher to compensate for the lack of carbs, i also am not afraid to take in a little extra fat sometimes, such as full milk etc. i try to avoid eating to a defecit, id only consider it if i was competing.</div>

it raises the &quot;is a calorie a calorie&quot; question. I would wonder if you're eating at the same caloric level and the lowered/controlled insulin is resulting in slow recomposition.

Or maybe the increased fat intake is causing you to actually eat slightly less and you're not aware of it because you're not counting.

are you aware of being hyperinsulinemic/hypoglycemic or insulin resistant to any extent? Do you 'crash' after high carb intakes?

Has your scale weight been stable while your waist is shrinking?</div>
no definitley no probs there. however i think that it could have something to do with a more controlled insulin level, plus the couple of cardio sessions ive started throwing in.

i maybe 230lbs but that pics a little decieving lol.

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Jul. 27 2008,3:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

Has your scale weight been stable while your waist is shrinking?</div>
Well, I think we all remember that thread where Martin was going on and on about how carbs are evil. There was some stuff posted in there demonstrating how when most people restrict carbs, they generally end up unwittingly restricting calories as well. I think that, plus the extra cardio activity that he is doing would likely cause a reasonably paced loss of weight, especially up near that weight level.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, I think we all remember that thread where Martin was going on and on about how carbs are evil. There was some stuff posted in there demonstrating how when most people restrict carbs, they generally end up unwittingly restricting calories as well. I think that, plus the extra cardio activity that he is doing would likely cause a reasonably paced loss of weight, especially up near that weight level. </div>

That would be my guess.

However, I have seen some strange things happen in my travels with carb modulation, like eating over maintenance for an entire week (within the context of the UD2.0, however) and losing 2 lbs.

Could have been my relative newbie edge, a fluke, insulin issues, or that diet is as good as Lyle thinks it is!

tots right, if you are going to do alow carb diet you must make sure that you eat enough to reach maintanence as i would say that most people end up falling short too.

actually although i have halved my carb intake it is/was no where near what steve was doing in his low carb diet.

Totally agree with Tot. Above anything else, I believe it's just too hard to overeat when on a low carb diet. So, essentially, by sticking to a low carb diet, you are also lowering your caloric intake. That, coupled with the cardio, could explain lcars' observations.

Back