Managing and Maintain Volume

OneMoreRep

After a whole lot of reading over the FAQ and old posts i've come up with a bit of an outline for volume maintenance throughout an entire HST cycle.

A major issue i've had with HST is that i never liked the idea of increasing weight and decreasing volume, it's always bugged me. (2 steps forward 1 step back? :P)

Having read through some information in the FAQ, i've come to the conclusion that when the amount of volume decreases the release of ERK 1/2 (signalling protein) decreases, which is not "ideal" for hypertrophy. Although it may not be a BIG ISSUE, or even nessasary, as increasing load is of the UTMOST importance, the idea keeping all things constant throughout the cycle as the load increases is important to me as i'm sure it is to others.

This is what i have come up with for my next cycle,

15s - 2 sets (reps will avg. 24-30)

10s - 2 sets (reps will avg. 15-20)

5s - 2 sets (reps will avg. 6-10), followed by a drop-set to bring the total to 15-20.

Negs - 2 sets , follow by a drop-set to bring the total to 15-20.

I am to understand that this should be sufficient to keep the ERK and other metabolite signals strong, and ideal for insuring a hypertrophic environment, and all variables fairly constant appart from the ever-increasing load across an HST cycle.

I'm not completely sure on all the details but i think this would be a good way to keep all variables constant correct?

Any advice to improve on this?

Get back to me,
OneMoreRep

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OneMoreRep @ July 11 2005,6:47)]How do i manage to screw up EVERY title of my posts ugh.
laugh.gif

BTW, I see you are catching on.
thumbs-up.gif

Back