MASS TRAINING VS CARDIO

Ruben_pereira

Good Afternoon guys, it's me again.

The last time we spoke about HST i was on the first cycle 1st week of the 15's, unfortunately, I had to cut my training and eating for 2 months due to university Coursework, Revision & Exams.

Well im going to get back into the HST on a serious note along with my Eating program, I needed advice, about where if im looking for serious muscle growth, should i sacrifice football training 2-3 times a week (my version of cardio training) ?

And since I got 4 months to burn without doing nothing, should i still keep the training simple to 4 split excercises a day for 3 days the one that alfonso recomended from Simplicity is key or something ?

Thanks guys, God bless

p.s dont you lot think EAS PHOSPHAGEN HP loading instructions is abit on the side to push the product to be used quickly ? 5 scoops a day for 5 days? what do you guys recommend ?

Many thanks

Yes...I would keep my routine simplfy (see simply and win thread).

In other words you could set it up Squat,Bench,Row,Press and be just fine.

It sounds like you haven't been training so no need to SD...go into the 15's and start a normal HST program.

As for "cardio" or football training here is the catch..ideally we recommend to stay away from those types of ativities b/c it normally henders growth.

It hinders growth only b/c it burns more calories and less calories equals less growth.

But hey you are in college and nothing is more fun than playing some football and I don't think you should miss out on anything in life to have bigger biceps per se!

So that being said if you are truely, truely serious...I would just up my calories a lot more than  normal.

Maybe instead of paying money for creatine you can put the $$ into a good calorie dense protein shake and throw in some peanut butter.

I think if you eat way above maintenance with a HUGE surplus of calories and train seriously like you are talking about you will be ok.

If you start gaining too much weight just slowly lower your calories.

And finally EAS phosphagen is an excellent product but no supplements do half of what they say they do.

Creatine works great...but you don't need it!

Good luck!

Joe

5 scoops a day for 5 days! Wow that's money for the company.

Like Joe says. Keep it simple. Squat,Bench,Row,Press. Your workouts will be quick and intense....that allows you to spruce it up sometimes by adding a set or two of an exercise you normally don't do in your routine.

Never sacrifice footballtraining! Lot's of calories and no cardio is not very healthy...might give you a little bigger muscles but also lot's of fat and a bad hormonal status. And not to forget!.....Euro 2008 is getting close ;) Keep up your football skills. I hope your talking about european football....soccer?

Because if it's american football you can skip it....kidding!

play soccer, it means you can enjoy more glorious food
biggrin.gif

just be careful not to get injured playing soccer, the knee and ankle are not as stable as you might think

exactly what these guys said, keep it simple with few exercises. Good luck. Why not post a training journal?

<div>
(Ruben_pereira @ May 18 2008,8:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">p.s dont you lot think EAS PHOSPHAGEN HP loading instructions is abit on the side to push the product to be used quickly ? 5 scoops a day for 5 days?</div>
5 grams of creatine per day is all you need.

Play football. You won't ever be able to do it again once you're out of school.

Ruben

Simplify and win, mixing football on offf days will pay off in my opinion, you will be able to eat a little more without scoring the fat that comes along if you were not burning extra calories, then again that is a personal thing.

As for suppplements stick to creatine monophosphate, it is far cheaper than all those fancy, sexy name brands, and as tunnel indicates you only need 5 g p/day, however Joe is also correct, a good protein powder goes a long way to increase mass gains!

Good luck and if you stay well focussed, these 4 months might pay you off in quite a bit of gains!
wink.gif

thank you fausto, i will try my hardest, to get myself prioritised and organised for this free term, so you think all i need for loading phase is just 5 grams a day ?

because when i spoke about 5 scoopes a day for 5 days that was the loading description, but is 1, 5 gram scoop a day good for loading ? is it enough ?

<div>
(Ruben_pereira @ May 20 2008,10:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">thank you fausto, i will try my hardest, to get myself prioritised and organised for this free term, so you think all i need for loading phase is just 5 grams a day ?</div>
Yep that should do it.

Back