Max-stim method after 5s

ITA-Marco

I'm valuating to try max-stim method with 105% of 5RM after 5s instead of negative.

What do you think about?

Will be too hard 105% of 5RM for 15reps?
Could split the 15reps into two series or that penalize the wo benefit?

Had Someone tried that?

Marco

I think you in the right track, Max-stim should help you out, after all 105% of 5 RM thorws you into 4 or 3 RM.

Should be fine, try it and lt us know!

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 13 2007,13:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I assume he clusters it and does several sets?</div>
Yeah...several sets of 1.

That's what max stim is.
smile.gif

I remember reading something about a twenty-week cycle over at hypertrophy-research.com, ending with 110% of 4 RM. Having done 20 reps at 110 % of 6 RM, I think its possible, given an adequate cycle-length to build up strength.

Is that 110% of your 4RM before you start or at the time? By the time you reach it you'll be a lot stronger, so your 4RM would have moved up.

Damn Mr Moore and his 20 weeks program, hasn't he heard of SD?
tounge.gif

Max-stim is very serious hypertrophy training. You can lift really heavy with this method, but consequently you really need to eat right and get your rest if you want to push the envelope and go for 20 reps with heavy loads (6 rm and higher)! If you can handle it, your muscles will grow for sure!

yeah, max-stim is great. I hit my goal of chins with 100 lbs last week, but my wrist injury made it so I could not do as many as I would have liked.

Liege, you're a monster
biggrin.gif

Well done. On this one I may be able to catch up my PB is 67, I only have 33 to go
laugh.gif

I post my impression after first attempt of wo.

I have tried it in Leg Curl and Incline bench press.

In the first one I have been able to do 15reps whit M-Time from 7secs during the firsts reps to reach in the lasts reps to 13/14secs....

In the second exercise I have found more problems....
I have done 3reps with M-time 7/10secs... then I have removed weight to reach 5RM...so other 7reps with M-time from 7 to 13/14secs. After I have rest for 3minutes and then the newly the same 3reps with 105% of 5RM and the last 2 with 5RM.

The summary is
3REPS 105% 5RM M-TIME from 7 to 10
7REPS 100% 5RM M-TIME from 7 to 14
rest 3min
2REPS 100% 5RM M-TIME 10

For the others exercises I have done the drop sets.

In conclusion...good impression for the first time

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">3REPS 105% 5RM M-TIME from 7 to 10
7REPS 100% 5RM M-TIME from 7 to 14
rest 3min
2REPS 100% 5RM M-TIME 10</div>
I don't think you found more problems; you just did 3 sets of maxes+ and fell out on the fourth as you should expect to. That's a lot of work done; good workout. I wouldn't want to do that every workout!

<div>
(Peak_Power @ Feb. 14 2007,22:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Damn Mr Moore and his 20 weeks program, hasn't he heard of SD?  
tounge.gif
</div>
SD? Septic Dysentery?
wink.gif
Yup, I think I've heard of SD.

What's a 20 week program got to do with SD? Where does it say that SD must be taken every 8 weeks. In fact

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">From my experience, a guy can continue to make gains with a sufficiently heavy weight (5-8 RM) for around 4-6 weeks. That is why HST suggests that you stick with your 5s or negatives until gains stop.

- Bryan</div>

<div>
(liegelord @ Feb. 15 2007,00:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">yeah, max-stim is great.  I  hit my goal of chins with 100 lbs last week, but my wrist injury made it so I could not do as many as I would have liked.</div>
Good job, sorry about the wrist though

Thanks Dan. They're almost back 100% though, the injury was 2 weeks ago today and I did squat cleans for sets of 5 with 100k tonight. I hurt myself cleaning 110k. It was actually a good learning experience though, I am really focusing on the catch and bringing my elbows under faster.

There was a monster in the gym on Sunday, guy was doing sets of chins with 135 lbs (70k).
wow.gif

Actually that is only about 61 K...70 K is 154 lb.s

(ONLY...that sounds funny when you consider how insanely strong chinning with that much weight on your belt is.)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There was a monster in the gym on Sunday, guy was doing sets of chins with 135 lbs (70k). </div>

Ok, you'rte Robin he's batman!
laugh.gif
Gofigure, some guys are just insanely strong, well motivation for you I'd say, 54 Lbs to go.
wink.gif

Yeah, that is really motivating. I'm going to be doing negatives for a while now. Yeah, scientific, I screwed up the conversion, 135 lbs = 61k. That's some strong pulling, I should hit that with negatives in a couple of weeks.
biggrin.gif

Back