Max-stimulation

stingblood

I just wanted to ask a question on Max-stimulation (Dan's training technique) as the Max-stim forum doesn't work anymore.

posting threads about it here was authorized I think by Bryan so i apologize if this wasn't the case and feel free to delete it in that case.

My concerne is about my M-time which seems to increase too much (even above 30 seconds) as weights go heavier but it's maybe me that is pushing the weights to high too soon (in relation to long term progression).

Let me explain: Why do I have a feel more strain when i train with shorter M-times (keeping technique the same) than having longer M-times, is this better for muscle hypetrophy or not?

For some months I sacrified frequency (training 1.5 times per week) for lifting heavier and keeping 8 to 10 exercices. now I plan to do less exercices but train at least 3 to 4 times per week, reduce M- times and see the diffetrence.

Does anyone have any idea about this solution?

I immediately started to feel more pumped due to lower M-times and more "strained", more pumped because for sure of the sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. But won't the decrease of my M-times slow down my capacity to increase the weights in long term and hinder my hypertrophy golas?

A bit long but quite difficult to figure it myself?

So thanks guys if you could help me!
wink.gif

I think you can still search Dan's site.

Anyhow, he has written that 30 seconds is about the maximum practical M-time. When you get much over 30 seconds, you're just doing consecutive singles.

However, this is new territory and nothing is carved in stone.

30 seconds is a goal, I believe. No way could I do that in the beginning. I've tried Sci's method of adding a second each rep, but I don't seem to need more than 40 at the worst. OTOH, I've not done a lot of MS to really judge, but I've used it occasionally.

The thought with MS is to cheat fatigue so you can go heavier or do more volume. It's the opposite to go for the pump. One reason is to avoid choking the mTor PS signaling. Another is actually to recover enough energy and flush out the metabolites between repetions so that you can continue to lift heavy. This way your CNS stays less strained. About 30 seconds after a repetition you have regained 90-95% of your initial strength. If you wait a full 60 seconds you are back to normal.

If you don't care about the underlaying principle (mTor and stuff), then do some really heavy repetitions with MS (because you can go heavier) and then lower the weight and pump yourself up with no-rest repetitions, and add a 10-20 second static hold to finish it of (studies I've pointed to earlier says that is better for growth than only lifting heavy). This way you not only get both mechanical and metabolite stimulation, but more TUT as well! <span style='color:blue'>Yes, you get 3 of the hyperthropy stimulators for only $49.95 if you call now!</span> <span style='color:navy'>Just dial 555-Free and you will get an extra bonus stimulator:</span><span style='color:red'> The GH maximizer!</span> <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Did I say free?!?</span></span> <span style='color:navy'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>That right! You get 4 (four) extraordinary stimulators in one package! 555-Free.</span></span> <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Disclaimer: Not available in all states. You must be 18 or over to purchase. May not work with elederly or children.</span>

Sorry, got carried away there. Just keep your socks on.  
biggrin.gif

LMAO HAHA!!! nice touch nkl ;)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you don't care about the underlaying principle (mTor and stuff), then do some really heavy repetitions with MS (because you can go heavier) and then lower the weight and pump yourself up with no-rest repetitions, and add a 10-20 second static hold to finish it of (studies I've pointed to earlier says that is better for growth than only lifting heavy). This way you not only get both mechanical and metabolite stimulation, but more TUT as well!</div>

is that so? is this the same sort of reason why drop sets are recommended in the heavier (5s) stages of lifting?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">then do some really heavy repetitions with MS (because you can go heavier) and then lower the weight and pump yourself up with no-rest repetitions, and add a 10-20 second static hold to finish it of </div>

i was wondering if you could clarify this please, do you mean you do say your last set of 5 reps with MS, then, do no-rest repetitions (not sure about this part), and then do a static hold on the peak of the concentric portion?

cheers

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">is that so? is this the same sort of reason why drop sets are recommended in the heavier (5s) stages of lifting?</div> What program is recommending this?
Drop sets are shock and fatigue techniques. They have their place if desired.

I thought that maybe adding some sarcoplasmic hypertrophy would aid me in the long term for sarcomere hypertrophy (or &quot;real&quot; fiber growth)....don't you think so?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> What program is recommending this? </div>

i believe HST is, as in more for the folks who have done their fair share of cycles, they can add drop sets in the 5s (for the last set), or is it just pump sets?

Back