Missing Workouts

quadancer

It happens now and then (lately) due to marriage, a heart procedure, work, fatigue and things. I usually hit my gym 3-4 time a week, but either I am scheduled for long workdays or stuff just happens.
If it's the workdays, I'll max out my reps or weights on my last available workout to slaughter my bod and recuperate later.
But when I miss them unexpectedly, there's no preparation and it's like a small SD of a couple days to even a week one time. So what should you do when that happens, assuming you are in say, the middle of the cycle? So far I've just picked up where I left off, but it's really hard sometimes.

There isn't a lot you can do but pick up where you left off. Some guys start all over, but to me that is like compromising your progress even more than you have to.

I was sick last week, something wrong with my stomach. I couldn't eat anything for three days. I am bulking right now, so you can imagine how much it sucks. I went a whole week without eating more than maybe 2000 calories in a day, and I didn't even touch the weights again until tonight. It sucks hard, but what can you do? I'll just start packing the food in again and hope for the best.

It sure does suck when something messes up a cycle. If I get an interruption during a cycle, for whatever reason, then I go back to the beginning of whichever mesocycle I was doing, even if I stopped just before the RM w/o. This cycle I had to go back and start the 10s again after a week away. I'm still making PBs though so no harm done.
smile.gif

Back