My a.m./p.m. split.

jtb030

I am 36 years old, been working out seriously since age 22 and have been using the MAX OT approach for the last several years.

I stumbled across HST through internet browsing and became intrigued. I did a 7 day deconditioning and after reading the FAQ section saw the optimal section regarding working out multiple times a day which works well for me because my work day can stretch out often. I constructed this routine after reading the forums.

a.m. Deadlift 1 set
Dips (weighted) 1 set
Row 1 set
Military Press 1 set
Barbell Curls 1 set
Triceps Ext 1 set

p.m. Squat 1 set
Bench 1 set
Row 1 set
Military Press 1 set
Barbell Curls 1 set
Triceps Ext 1 set

The first week was strange for me at first being I was used to all that 4-6 reps of heavy weight.

I am now on the second week of 15's and it is getting tough, but I have been supplementing with creatine and it is going well. I guess I just wanted to throw this out as a first post to this forum and any advice or critique of my routine is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JTB

Solid group of exercises outside of the isolations. You won't need the curls and extensions to grow big arms. Drop them and add more sets to the deads, dips, rows, military press, squats, and bench. Also, try changing one of your workouts' Row/MP combo to CG Chins/AP. AP = Arnold Press and will give additional stretch to your shoulders as well as chest. CG Chins are outright awesome, and if you do not have the means to do so, then at least do CG Lat Pulldowns.

Thanks Colby.

I was doing c.g. chins but for some reason I have been not able to so the prescribed 15 reps. I have since changed to the rows.
Do you think I should put the chins in when I do the 10 rep portion or ride this routine out until my next cycle following deconditioning?

Also should I drop the isolation work now or wait till I get to the 10's or even the 5's?

Thanks for the advice.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Also should I drop the isolation work now or wait till I get to the 10's or even the 5's?</div>

It's your first cycle, drop them when you hit the 5's.

A further inquiry.
I have been doing 1 set for all exercises on the 15's.
Even though I am working out twice a day should I do 2 sets for the 10's and later 3 sets for the 5's?

Back