My brain HURTS...

suprarob

That's right, I've read so much,so fast my brain hurts like drinking a Slurpee too dang fast.  
biggrin.gif

So heres my deal. I've been working out for 5 years+ and saw some good gains early but nothing significant since. in my quest to improve I found myself here. Yes I'm a HST newbie. Figured out my 15 rep max's today and I'm ready to start. Are there any downloadable HST training sheets available? Also any tips by you HST long time user pros would be appreciated!!

Thanks guys,Rob.

PS:This girl below looked normal before I read too much...

Heck, you mean she's not normal! She sure looks normal to me!
biggrin.gif

I guess that's what HST does to you?!

Welcome aboard Rob!

My best suggestion would be to read the FAQs, then read them again! Then check out the Simplify and Win thread.

When you've done that, come back with some specific questions and the answers will follow.

<div>
(Lol @ Feb. 13 2007,07:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Heck, you mean she's not normal! She sure looks normal to me!  
biggrin.gif

I guess that's what HST does to you?!

Welcome aboard Rob!

My best suggestion would be to read the FAQs, then read them again! Then check out the Simplify and Win thread.

When you've done that, come back with some specific questions and the answers will follow.</div>
Roger that...

...hey one question, when you establish your 15 rep max are you not defeating the purpose of building up to your max? Seems backwards, or maybe it's just me!
Rob.

your 15 rep max now is just that......your 15 rep max now. with 3 w/o's a week for 2 weeks that wgt wont be easy but perhaps a little below or around your new 15 rep max. same with the 10s and 5s. but 5s can (should) last for longer then 2 weeks and this is when youll really put all that work (15,10,5) to good use as most exper. max muscle growth during this time. just keep the 5's/negatives going until your joints or mind need a break.

now your next cycle (and all that follow) you can increase your rep maxs by 10% or so in anticipation of the added strength as your cycle progresses so  when you reach the end of each 2 weeks it really is a rep max. i dont recommend trying to &quot;guess up&quot; like this for your 1st cycle. the important thing is to get a feel for the prog. while avoiding failure early or often (misjudge wgts). as i mentioned before there will be plenty of time and opportunity to do some real hard work when you get to the 5's/negatives

good luck

Welcome to growth, Rob!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Are there any downloadable HST training sheets available?</div>

Yep, do a search, check out &quot;Simplify and Win&quot; thread, but there are quite a few downloadable worksheets, amny varieties.

Enjoy!

Back