My current and future cycles: critique?

CTeen

Howdy everyone,

so its been over a year now on HST and I've made some great gains. I'm now trying to cut back on some of those gains around the midsection, if you know what I mean
blush.gif

Anyways, I skipped my SD and the 15s for the sack of preserving strength and lean body mass during the diet, but never skip the 15s otherwise. Does this seem reasonable for cutting? Essentially Vanilla HST with a small change here and there; its mostly compound (with the exception of calves and shrugs) as I won't be getting much bigger anyway, right?

Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Standing Calf-Raises
Incline Bench-Press
Dips
Shoulder Press
Shrugs
Pull Downs (Chin ups during 5s, otherwise I'm a bit too wimpy)

NORMALLY during 10s and 5s I add in an isolation for bis and tris, usually incline curls and skullcrushers, respectively. Does this sound... sound? Or should I add in the isolations? Trying to keep it simple without adding too much in there.

I'm keeping a food diary and calculated my energy requirements (Miffin-St Jeor!) to make sure I don't cheat on my diet.

Please comment, and thanks again for the input.

Looks like a solid plan CT. I prefer DB rows myself. It puts less of a strain on the lower back and I can get a greater range of motion. Both are effective but chins are the the best of them all. As for the isolations, I would tend to keep them in since you don't have an over abundance of volume.

<div>
(CTeen @ Aug. 04 2006,17:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Howdy everyone,

so its been over a year now on HST and I've made some great gains.  I'm now trying to cut back on some of those gains around the midsection, if you know what I mean  
blush.gif

Anyways, I skipped my SD and the 15s for the sack of preserving strength and lean body mass during the diet, but never skip the 15s otherwise.  Does this seem reasonable for cutting?  Essentially Vanilla HST with a small change here and there; its mostly compound (with the exception of calves and shrugs) as I won't be getting much bigger anyway, right?

Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlifts
Standing Calf-Raises
Incline Bench-Press
Dips
Shoulder Press
Shrugs
Pull Downs (Chin ups during 5s, otherwise I'm a bit too wimpy)

NORMALLY during 10s and 5s I add in an isolation for bis and tris, usually incline curls and skullcrushers, respectively.  Does this sound... sound?  Or should I add in the isolations?  Trying to keep it simple without adding too much in there.

I'm keeping a food diary and calculated my energy requirements (Miffin-St Jeor!) to make sure I don't cheat on my diet.

Please comment, and thanks again for the input.</div>
looks good but id change stiff leg deads for standard deads at least after each cycle,although i know you maybe using them for hams.

I agree with lcars, do conventional deadlifts. If you're concerned with hitting the hamstrings, make sure you do full ROM olympic squats.

Squats and regular deads in the same workout?
rock.gif
Sounds like overkill to me. Perhaps alternate them every other workout.
wink.gif

Back