My First HST Cycle Suggestions

lpalmer

Have been lifting for sveral years and definitely need a change due to the overtraining and no gains. Have researched several new styles (new to me) (MAX-OT, EDT, 5x5, etc..) and am very interested to try HST. I was wondering if I could get a few suggestions on my 1st workout. I am a vet student with little free time and so I am going with a 1x/day - 3day wkout. I am going to try the following:
Monday/Friday:
Squats
SLDL
DB Flat Bench
bent over rows
Military Press
Shrugs
seated calves
Wednsday:
Deadlifts/Split Squats
Good mornings
Incline Bench
1-arm rows
decline press
upright rows
standing calves
I willi add a burn set of tri extensions and incline curls during the 10's and 5's.
My sets will be:
15's = 2
10's = 2 or 4x5
5's = 2x5 or 5x2
Other questions:
1. I have a smith machine at home, but through my research I have found I should limit the of use this machine in my workouts.
2. Also, I understand deadlifts are a whole body exer. but I am unsure if I should consider them more of a back or quad exercise.
I know this post is long. Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1. I have a smith machine at home, but through my research I have found I should limit the of use this machine in my workouts.

Through your own research? IN other words, you seem to have better results lifting without the help of a Smith machine. If so, then by all means limit it.

Back