My first HST cycle...

tiocfaidh ar la

hi everyone, i started two weeks ago my first HST cycle. I workout on monday wednesday and friday, and on tuesday thursday and sunday i have football training. I started my HST cycle including excercises for the inferior part (squat, leg curl, ecpt) but after the first week i noticed that is too much for my body, i mean when i make football training i'm not ok, i feel my legs too much tired and i can't train as well i would do. So i decided to cut off all the excercises that interest the inferior part of the body, because as said i train it when i play football. It's that ok to have results in my HST program?

sorry for my english, please answer not using specific words that i'll surely not understand  
biggrin.gif

thanks!!  
smile.gif

Your legs are probably getting a pretty good workout with your football training. However, it wouldn't be a bad thing to do at least one set of squats or deadlifts with each workout. Legs are the most important muscle group in your body. It is best to keep them as strong as possible.
cool.gif

I am assuming football as in American Soccer, if that is the case I think you are right, wait until the off season then add in leg work. Just realise that your legs won't grow along with the rest of your body.

You could also try other fatigue managment systems such as Max-Stim or Dr. Pierre's 10X3 Madness but only do 5 X 3.

I know nothing except what I've read about the programs Dan Moore speaks of since I haven't tried them. They do look quite effective though.

I would suggest something a little different because I've only experienced things like the old 10x3 stuff, Max OT, HST, and Starr's 5x5.

I would suggest that to go along with your sport training, you do something like Starr's 5x5 so you don't overtrain for your sport, using lighter weights and working slowly up to your max because the progression is VERY similar to HST but a little slower, it's mostly for strength. Then, off season - hit HST with a vengance (and your newfound strength) to ad massive slabs of muscle.

Of course if you ARE playing soccer instead of real football as we know it in the US, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about. Never played it myself.

Since today is Superbowl Sunday, I will blesphemy myself and say that American "football" is a game for blockheads and that REAL football or soccer as some call it, is a much more intense, difficult game that requires the ability to think and not just be 300 pounds of fat.    
wow.gif

.......................................................................................
<O&G scampering to hide from the fanatical American football police>  
biggrin.gif

I do enjoy the Budweiser Clydesdale horse commercials though.    
cool.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 04 2007,20:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Jeez, what a dull forum today. I couldn't even piss anyone off. Oh well. Back to the game.
sad.gif
</div>
Not me, I didn't even watch the superbowl.

Football is to be played not watched.

I don't even have anything against soccer. Just never played it. As teens, we did play at rugby a bit, but were guessing how it was done and just made it up as we went along. Mostly it was tackle soccer with use of hands allowed.

Then there was the tackle basketball that got us a vacation from the rec center. It did seem like a good idea at the time.

sorry i forgot the difference from italy (where i'm from) and USA of the word football... i play soccer: maradona, pelè... etc etc
biggrin.gif

i will study your advices to improve my training, many thanks!
smile.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 04 2007,20:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Jeez, what a dull forum today. I couldn't even piss anyone off. Oh well. Back to the game.
sad.gif
</div>
Because people were watching the game! American football is great and for people trying to draw comparisons to football or soccer is stupid. The games are completely different... American football is a derivative of rugby. As far as the fat linemen are concerned, they need to set a weight limit in the NFL.

<div>
(tiocfaidh ar la @ Feb. 05 2007,16:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">sorry i forgot the difference from italy (where i'm from) and USA of the word football... i play soccer: maradona, pelè... etc etc
biggrin.gif

i will study your advices to improve my training, many thanks!
smile.gif
</div>
Thought so. Just having fun with you. The HST program will definitely help you get stronger, it will make you bigger too.

If this is in line with your goals, then you should do it.

Back