Squats
Bench Press
Bent Over BB Rows
SLDL
DB Shoulder Press
EZ Bar Curls
Skull-Crushers
STanding Calf Raises

For the first two weeks I will do 1 set of 15 for all my exercises. For the next two weeks I will do 2 sets of 10 for all my exercises. For the two weeks after that, I will do 3 sets of 5 for Squats, Bench Press, Deadlift, and DB Shoulder Press and do 2 sets of 5 for the rest of the exercises. For weeks 7 and 8 I will continue with my 5 rep maxes.

One Question:
- For weeks 7 and 8 do I try to increase my 5 rep maxes every week or stay at the same weight?

One more thing:
- This Friday, 3/31, will be my last day of finding my maxes for all my exercises. Now do I start my actual HST routine on 4/10 or 4/17? This is my first time doing HST.

Just take a week of SD and hit the gym on the 10th. As a young guy you really won't need two weeks of SD yet. Have a great cycle and be sure to eat a heap of food!  
biggrin.gif

Hmmm, I suppose if you have been training solidly for the last 3 years and been doing a 5x5 program, 2 weeks SD might be better, but I doubt that's the case?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">One Question:
- For weeks 7 and 8 do I try to increase my 5 rep maxes every week or stay at the same weight? </div>

Up to you! If you are not going to do negatives then just keep on incrementing if you feel happy (and strong enough!) to do so. When you can't increment anymore without missing your 5 target reps make a note of these new weights and use them as your 5RMs for the next cycle. You could keep going for two weeks longer with these new maxes if you feel up to it and then SD. It's a good idea to throw in a high rep (say 15) metabolic set for at least some of your exercises during 5s too.

<div>
(Lol @ Mar. 28 2006,22:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hmmm, I suppose if you have been training solidly for the last 3 years and been doing a 5x5 program, 2 weeks SD might be better, but I doubt that's the case?</div>
I have been training for a year and a month solidly. The last routine I did was a 5x5 routine. I did that routine for 8 months and made some good strength gains. That was the only 5x5 routine I have ever done. The routines that I have normally been using were 4 day splits. So should I one week or 2 weeks based on that information?

It won't matter a whole lot, but taking the two week SD may give you better results in the end.

Jvo,

I just saw your data....... hmmm.... are you sure that with 15 yo, 147 lbs of weight you still want to go with this 220 lb squat, 275 lb dealift and 240 lb bench press ??.

If I were your coach I would try to &quot;talk you&quot; into getting it lighter and increase the reps for the same workout intensity.... I don't know, I just imagine it and I don't have a warm feeling.

What will give the stimulus for muscles growth is not purely the weight.... it is: intensity.... this can be obtained by increasing weight or reps or high intensity techniques.... your bones are still developing.... well, perhaps I am sounding like your father now..... and as a good son you might be saying.... go to hell !!
rock.gif

Solid performance son!

Hope you enjoy HST!

I would not worry too much about the weight, just be careful and pay attention to safety always!

Weeks 7 &amp; 8 - increase slightly if you can, but no loss if you maintain the weight at 5RM, go by feel I'd say, if you feel strong enough, then adjuts the weight up a little and keep for another week.

My opinion only - you may find some dudes disagreeing with me, we're all different, but as for me you make me proud - just wish my son (16) would do the same, as I know he could be lifting as much if he only applied himself!
cool.gif

Back