My Hst Program

The one thing that jumps out is the single exercise for the lower body and the bunch of exercises for the upper body. From this program, it is obvious that you wish to train the upper body more than the lower body. If that's what you want, then that's what you'll get, it seems.

Avi1985

Here's what I'dsuggest instead:

Squat
barbell bench press
Weighted Chin ups
Military press (use D/Bells if you wish)
Lying D/B Extensions + Incline curls
Abs Crunches

B:
Dead Lift
weighted Dips
T-bar Rows
Seated Dummbell Press
Incline curls + D/B extensions
Abs - Side Crunches

Use 15/10/5 setup as p/normal HST and 1 2 and 3 sets respectivelly, for squats and deadlifts during 15's you may wanna do 2 sets, for curls and triceps use only 1 superset.

This however is how you should be Squatting, not what that other link you have shows, please...if someone told you it is bad for the knees...they are talking nonsense.

And the Deadlift too in that link did not look "kosher" to me.

Here's some more:

Weighted underhand chinups
<a href="http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/LVBentOverRow.html" target="_blank">T-bar
row</a>
Military press
Dips

Spot on with Fausto's call regarding the original links...

&quot;Clustering to 22 reps for the compounds, and 16 reps for the iso's.&quot;

I agree that you don't need to do the same number of sets for each exercise (and as per this link). An eclectic approach to the number of sets allows you to tailor the weekly workload, which may be more inline with recovery ability.

Some of the regulars on this board, including myself, have gone the cluster/no set route and have in some cases had to lower the target count 30-&gt;24-&gt;20 etc. This ironically brings us full circle, to something akin to the &quot;vanilla&quot; HST program.

If it aint bust...  
rock.gif

laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This ironically brings us full circle, to something akin to the &quot;vanilla&quot; HST program.

If it aint bust...</div>

Ironically indeed
laugh.gif
but a fact nevertheless!
wink.gif

Just a thought but I've found that some people (myself included) who just can't seem to get it going on with conventional squats ; find the complexity and difficulty of the OverHeadSquat a good tool with which to trick the mind into thinking of so many form points that you dont even realize you're squatting until the load progresses to the point that a conventional squat seems a respite from all the balancing and flexibility needed for the OH.
           I used the end of my bench as a box and &quot;box squatted&quot; these until my flexibility was up to snuff , the carry over to my sumo DL was substantial .
           Squats seem to be the &quot;most problematic&quot; essential for a lot of folks and I think sometimes the best way up the mountain might be a slightly sideways ascent ie. zurchers, hacks, overheads, front squats ect.ect. there is probably a squat for everyone , there are so Many to choose from.
smile.gif

After proofreading my post it occurs to me that it's relevance to the thread may be minimal but still a good 2 cents none the less
biggrin.gif

I just gotta say... that deadlift video. Just... no. That guy didn't even finish the dead. I can't even tell what kind that is supposed to be. Link says romanian, title says conventional. WTF ever.

Here is a better deadlift video:
Deadlift Comparison

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That guy didn't even finish the dead.</div>

Exactly my point and these people are teaching thousands to perform a crap deadlift like that, squats too, whatever else, I would not even check any further.
mad.gif

You be better off checking out the Simplify and Win thread and pick a routine from there!

I don`t wanaa do weighted chinups and weighted dips, because i don`t like to tie my self to weights. Thats why im doing bench press and Cable Pulldowns with wide holding. I hope it`s a good replacement. And i dont know if i should replace the Reverse Flyes with the Seated Dummbell Press, because i want to hit my Rear Deltoid. And when you say Lying D/B Extensions + Incline curls,do you mean to a super set? About the squating and deadlifting, i just do it the way the coach in the gym tells me to do, Im not taking examples from videos on the internet.
Thnx alot
smile.gif
And by the way, by clustering i see a little bit better results then the 1*15 2*10 3*5 system.
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don`t wanna do weighted chinups and weighted dips, because i don`t like to tie my self to weights. </div>

Pity, those two are incredibly profitable, tying yourself to weights is not unsafe at all if done correctly (leather belt + Chain + weights + clamps).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thats why im doing bench press and Cable Pulldowns with wide holding. I hope it`s a good replacement.</div>

Secondly while bench is good, weighted dips are superior because you end up moving more weight (bodyweight + extra hanging)
biggrin.gif
So the best is to mix the two or alternate them.

Wide grip pull downs is definetly inferior to weighted reverse close grip chinups because:

1 - Arms brought together overhead provide a better stretch on your lats

2 - Then as above if you use weights attached (and you can) you lift much more than if you did a pulldown, although yes the pulldown has its benefits, just does not compare.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And i dont know if i should replace the Reverse Flyes with the Seated Dummbell Press, because i want to hit my Rear Deltoid. </div>

No, not replace but rather superset them, on the other hand a good bent over row or the T-bar row, hits those rear delts good and solid.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And when you say Lying D/B Extensions + Incline curls,do you mean to a super set? </div>

Exactly!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">About the squating and deadlifting, i just do it the way the coach in the gym tells me to do, Im not taking examples from videos on the internet.</div>

I am glad, but you can trust the ex-rx site, we all use it frequently and many of us are involved in power lifting, we are just being honest when we say the site you first showed is teaching people the wrong way of doing things.

For instance with squats, if you want to do half squats, rather use a box which you'll sit on with each rep and brings you to at least 90 degrees or lower, this is more benefitial to your knees, doing squats 1/2 way and reversing motion as it is hown in that site is a good way of screwing up your knees.

Needless to say, most of us have found the full squats to be the most benefitial to both the knees and for growth.
wink.gif
Thus my recommendations.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And by the way, by clustering i see a little bit better results then the 1*15 2*10 3*5 s</div>

Have it your way, dude, but I'd add that clustering should only be used in the 5's when you can't meet the required number of reps, not during 15's (there because of lactic acid flushing) or during 10's (range that starts producing more growth).

5's - more a power/strength phase, but it ends up producing serious growth due to the load involved, at this point using clutering becomes highly beneficial
wow.gif

Avi...not to be cumbersome, but it sopunds to me like you need a little refreshing on HST principles, have you read the FAQ e-book? Or even the Charles Ridgely Minor principles e-book, it might give better insight.
cool.gif

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 21 2007,10:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just gotta say... that deadlift video.  Just... no.  That guy didn't even finish the dead.  I can't even tell what kind that is supposed to be.  Link says romanian, title says conventional.  WTF ever.

Here is a better deadlift video:
Deadlift Comparison</div>
great link.
smile.gif

On my next cycle ill replace the bench press and pulldown rows with chinups and dips. But why doing chinups with close grip? I want to train my wide back ( or however i should call this muscle). And ill start to do the full squat on my next training. If the t-bar works on my rear delts, then i can replace the reverse flyes with the shoulder press.
About the clustering, i tell you how i do it.
On my first training of the cycle, i lift 50% of my rm5. So i do 15 reps, rest 30-40 seconds (on the range of 12-8 reps i rest 1.5 minuts and on 7-5 reps i rest 2-5 minutes), and 7 more reps. Every training i lift 2.5-5% more weight, And stop 1-2 reps before failure or when i got to 15 reps. this way i hit all the reps ranges because on average i can make one rep less then the training before, because the weight got a little bit heavier. Works pretty well i have to say. I gain 3 kilos on my last cycle ( around the 5.5 ponds). So, what do you say?

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">On my next cycle ill replace the bench press and pulldown rows with chinups and dips.</div>

Rather do both bench and dips but either alternate them or superset, for the back chins and T-bar rows.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But why doing chinups with close grip? I want to train my wide back ( or however i should call this muscle). </div>

Close grip gives the most stretch to the latissimus dorsi and if weighted then even better as muscles grow better when stretched under a load, check Lats

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And ill start to do the full squat on my next training. </div>

Good stuff, you won't regret it!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If the t-bar works on my rear delts, then i can replace the reverse flyes with the shoulder press.</div>

Exactly, it is just more productive.
wink.gif

Back