My new routine not Vanilla HST

Joe.Muscle

I am starting a new routine this August. It will be HST-ish. What I mean is it will not be tradition HST however it will include the principals of increased frequency, increasing load. I will be using August for my start Date b/c I am going to due my first true bulk then. What I mean by that is I am not going to worry at all about gaining bodyfat, just throw caution to the wind and go for the mass!

It will be very different in since than Vanilla HST. So take a look.

Routine looks like this. Compound only

Day 1 Monday

Chest 4 sets of 8 reps
Back 4 sets of 8 reps
Shoulders 3 sets of 8 reps
Leggs 4 sets of 8 reps
Arms 1 set of 8 reps

Total work per muscle group 8 reps x 4 sets = 32 reps

Day 2 Tuesday

Chest 3 sets of 12 reps
Back 3 sets of 12 reps
Shoulder 2 sets of 12 reps
Leggs 3 sets of 12 reps
Arms 1 burn set

Total work per muscle group 12 reps x 3 sets = 36 reps close to Day 1 total

Day 3 Wednesday is Off no training

Day 4 Thursday Repeat Day 1

Day 5 Friday Repeat Day 2

Day 6 Saturday off no training

Day 7 Sunday Off no training.

Repeat Cycle.

I will try to increase poundage as much as possible every chance I get I am not sure if this will be ever other workout or once a week. I will expierement and see how it goes from there.

Again this is more and expierementation that I look forward too. Hopefully with increase calories and frequency…it will have great results.

Colby I dont go below 6 reps anymore. Due to an injury bench pressing. I know lower reps with heavier weight is beneficial...I am just not willing to risk injury again.

I tore my bicep tendon lifting heavy weight. I use to bench about 330 then got injured. Went from 120 pound dumbell bench press to 20 pound dumbell bench press. This was about 5 years ago. I am now back at about 75 pound dumbells...so i dont want to risk that again.

But I will go heavier than 8 reps but no lower than 5 or 6...if there is even a difference?

Ok, I forgot about all of that...

How about try doing one week of 8's and 10's
... the 2nd week 10's and 12's...
the 3rd week 12's and 15's...

then recycle? more progression, larger cycle

My theory was heavy reps day 1.

Second day hit it with higher reps to pump blood to muscle for faster recovery?
biggrin.gif

joe.muscle

i dont know how you feel, but i tore my rotator cuff (sports related, but i know how it feels to have a torn thing) and found that barbell benching was the worst, i found using a smith machine was the best option. then dumbbell was next best.

Yes it sucks.

How long did it take you to get your strength back?

I would of had more strenght early own I believe, However I overtrained after the injury for about 2 years?

Back