My Predicament

• Thread starter Thread starter Dilsie
  • Start date Start date
D

Dilsie

I finished my first 9 week cycle of HST a few weeks ago. Since then I have taken 2 weeks off for SD. But for some reason, I tried a new program for a few days, with the standard 4 x 8 and 3 x 10-12 reps. I decided I want to do HST again, should I wait another week and let my muscles decondition, or should I just start up with the HST again on Monday?

I have also been very sick the last week, and I have lost a good amount of strength. What should I do about my maxes? Should I keep them the same as the last cycle, or should I retest my maxes and then SD again?

If you've been using heavy weights during these workouts, I suggest you don't start with light weights of the 15's now.
Either take another week or so of SD, and then start HST right from the start, or start HST now but start with the weights you've been using during those workouts that you tried (which might mean skipping the 15's all together).
If you used some really heavy weights during these few workouts, I would go for another week off.

Ok, now I am a little torn. I have got a couple people telling me to SD for another week, and one telling me to go ahead and start the HST. Any more opinions? I don't know how much more time I can take off from working out, it is killing me.

I think I am going to start on Wednesday just to give myself a couple of days of SD. What do yall think about this?

Although SD is the right way to go, seeing that you have been sick and all that, hammer is right, you could slip into HST onto the 5's.

However in my opinion SD is the best way to go, even if it is just a week!

Then start up with HST!

Back