My right chest is growing too slow

Xerobeat

My right chest is very small compared to my left. I have tried working on it more but it seems like it grows very very slowly. My right smaller bicep grew bigger after I work on it a little more but not much effect on my right chest. Anyone has any solution for this?

Bench and dip lots, eat lots and be patient. It will even up when you have added 40lb+ to your present body weight.

If you haven't already tried them, have a go at using dbs for bench too. If you can't, just be sure you are keeping the bb level when benching.

One handed push ups.
wink.gif

Yeah, good one O&G.

I have heard of folks using a slightly offset grip when benching to try to help even things up a bit ie. they shift their grip slightly towards their strong side thus placing greater downward force on the weaker side. I can't recommend trying it though. I foresee greater chance of injury if attempting this with a heavy weight and you might flip off the bench sideways!
biggrin.gif

Have you ever had a bad back? I had a bad back a while ago and the Xray from the Chiropracter showed my spine was curved slightly to one side. More stretching and flexibility resolved the issue so there is no longer any pain whatsoever. Not a big deal for me now at all, except I don't do squats anymore, I think Improper squats started the thing.

However one thing I learned is that when the spine is curved to one side, the muscles will attempt to compensate on the other side because a slight degree of strength is needed on one side vs. the other. The body is a machine that looks for it own symmetry and balance. No one can tell but my entire right side is 1/2 inch smaller than the left, as measured by biceps and thighs.

I'm no expert, but I'm quite sure this was my issue and it might apply to you. Maybe next time you get a physical or if you ever go see a Chiropracter, you can find out.

<div>
(Lol @ May 30 2008,4:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bench and dip lots, eat lots and be patient. It will even up when you have added 40lb+ to your present body weight.

If you haven't already tried them, have a go at using dbs for bench too. If you can't, just be sure you are keeping the bb level when benching.</div>
I only use DBs for my bench. I don't see how I can do dips on only one side though. Why dips? cuz Doing dips for both sides doesnt make any difference than doing bench press using a barbell
rock.gif
. I have added 35lbs of muscle including fat from a scrawny 126lbs body with a 6 foot 1 inch height since 5 months ago. Can you explain why you think adding 40lbs will make them even up? What if I added 40 lbs of mostly fat and only a little bit of muscle?

<div>
(Old and Grey @ May 30 2008,9:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">One handed push ups.
wink.gif
</div>
I'm currently also doing 2 extra sets of Dbs Press with my right chest. I dont think there's much difference if I change to push ups?
sad.gif

Don't do one side presses. At this point for you the best bang for the buck is to work as many muscles as you can. There is no point it correcting asymmetries unless you are advanced. You better keep working out normally. Even if you do dips and BB bench presses with heavier weights a triceps or pec can't lag behind too much or the barbell will fall. You end up extra hard in the lagging part to make up the balance.
The gain 40lbs part means that as you get bigger usually the differences get smaller (at least relatively). But the main point is that you should focus your effort at the moment in gaining mass overall and not fixing some minor symmetry issues.

The body is nearly always assymetrical to a degree. Many people have one limb bigger (in girth) than the other by as much as a 1/2 inch. I think theres nothing to worry about and there's nothing you mentioned that seems to be that bad. Unless you're a competing bodybuilder I don't think symmetry should be an issue. Just my opnion.

<div>
(dxwallace @ May 30 2008,5:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Have you ever had a bad back? I had a bad back a while ago and the Xray from the Chiropracter showed my spine was curved slightly to one side. More stretching and flexibility resolved the issue so there is no longer any pain whatsoever. Not a big deal for me now at all, except I don't do squats anymore, I think Improper squats started the thing.

However, one thing I learned is that when the spine is curved to one side, the muscles will attempt to compensate on the other side because a slight degree of strength is needed on one side vs. the other. The body is a machine that looks for it own symmetry and balance. No one can tell but my entire right side is 1/2 inch smaller than the left, as measured by biceps and thighs.

I'm no expert, but I'm quite sure this was my issue and it might apply to you. Maybe next time you get a physical or if you ever go see a Chiropracter, you can find out.</div>
dxw: I'm pretty sure that some degree of scoliosis is quite common. A lot of folks never find out because it never bothers them enough. Severe scoliosis is much more obvious and usually has to be attended to early in life if it is to be helped at all. Then there are all the degrees in between.

I'm also fairly sure that squats with good form won't make things worse if the curvature is fairly mild. It would be a case of starting light, learning good form and seeing how you got on.

Strengthening the spinal erector muscles is a really good idea so deadlifts can also help. I'm not mad suggesting this; many people with scoliosis have benefited from squats and deads. Again, it would be a case of starting light, learning good form and seeing how you got on. One of the best deadlifters of all time had severe scoliosis; Lamar Gant actually deadlifted 5 x bw!! (661lb lift at a bw of 132lb) and Jason Beck @ 220 lbs bw deadlifted 766 and squatted 799 has mentioned that he has scoliosis - although not as severe as Lamar's.

In Lamar's case his scoliosis reduced the distance he had to lift the bar so he was mechanically advantaged but it's more interesting that he didn't make his condition worse even lifting ridiculously heavy loads. No two cases will be the same though, so it'll always be wise to take things slowly and steadily and find out if it is okay for you.

Xerobeat: If you have added 35lbs and are now at a bw of 161lbs on a 6' 1&quot; inch frame (well done by the way), you will find that adding another 40lbs of mainly muscle will likely even things up pretty well (at a height of 6'1&quot; you could easily carry 200lb+ bw). It'll take time and dedication but it will almost certainly be doable if you get your training and eating right.

When you are doing weighted dips with 100lb+ and benching 250lb+ for 5 reps I'm pretty sure that your pecs will have evened out a great deal. There is always the chance that you really do have a serious genetic issue with the amount of muscle tissue in your right pec; my pecs are different so I understand where you are coming from. However, I expect in all likelihood getting bigger and stronger will help to even things out a lot.

All the best in your quest for greater symmetry.
smile.gif

My left nut was smaller than my right nut my whole life but I cured it. I went on HRT and now they are both the same size...not quite as big as baby peas.      
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ May 31 2008,12:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My left nut was smaller than my right nut my whole life but I cured it. I went on HRT and now they are both the same size...not quite as big as baby peas.      
biggrin.gif
</div>
Darn, I need to get me some of that HRT too!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ May 30 2008,6:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(dxwallace @ May 30 2008,5:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Have you ever had a bad back? I had a bad back a while ago and the Xray from the Chiropracter showed my spine was curved slightly to one side. More stretching and flexibility resolved the issue so there is no longer any pain whatsoever. Not a big deal for me now at all, except I don't do squats anymore, I think Improper squats started the thing.

However, one thing I learned is that when the spine is curved to one side, the muscles will attempt to compensate on the other side because a slight degree of strength is needed on one side vs. the other. The body is a machine that looks for it own symmetry and balance. No one can tell but my entire right side is 1/2 inch smaller than the left, as measured by biceps and thighs.

I'm no expert, but I'm quite sure this was my issue and it might apply to you. Maybe next time you get a physical or if you ever go see a Chiropracter, you can find out.</div>
dxw: I'm pretty sure that some degree of scoliosis is quite common. A lot of folks never find out because it never bothers them enough. Severe scoliosis is much more obvious and usually has to be attended to early in life if it is to be helped at all. Then there are all the degrees in between.

I'm also fairly sure that squats with good form won't make things worse if the curvature is fairly mild. It would be a case of starting light, learning good form and seeing how you got on.

Strengthening the spinal erector muscles is a really good idea so deadlifts can also help. I'm not mad suggesting this; many people with scoliosis have benefited from squats and deads. Again, it would be a case of starting light, learning good form and seeing how you got on. One of the best deadlifters of all time had severe scoliosis; Lamar Gant actually deadlifted 5 x bw!! (661lb lift at a bw of 132lb) and Jason Beck @ 220 lbs bw deadlifted 766 and squatted 799 has mentioned that he has scoliosis - although not as severe as Lamar's.

In Lamar's case his scoliosis reduced the distance he had to lift the bar so he was mechanically advantaged but it's more interesting that he didn't make his condition worse even lifting ridiculously heavy loads. No two cases will be the same though, so it'll always be wise to take things slowly and steadily and find out if it is okay for you.

Xerobeat: If you have added 35lbs and are now at a bw of 161lbs on a 6' 1&quot; inch frame (well done by the way), you will find that adding another 40lbs of mainly muscle will likely even things up pretty well (at a height of 6'1&quot; you could easily carry 200lb+ bw). It'll take time and dedication but it will almost certainly be doable if you get your training and eating right.

When you are doing weighted dips with 100lb+ and benching 250lb+ for 5 reps I'm pretty sure that your pecs will have evened out a great deal. There is always the chance that you really do have a serious genetic issue with the amount of muscle tissue in your right pec; my pecs are different so I understand where you are coming from. However, I expect in all likelihood getting bigger and stronger will help to even things out a lot.

smile.gif
</div>
we are going to get you your own forum section entitled lol's Q's&amp;A's . as there seems little point in posting after you have cos you always give such indepth and accurate answers lol
sad.gif

<div>
(Lol @ May 30 2008,6:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

smile.gif
</div>
Thanks all.

Somehow I feel as if all of my lagging parts, seems to be growing more towards the front, as in, in a different way, its not growing to the side, to make me look wider. My right bicep now looks bigger than my left bicep after I fixed it, but only when you viewed it from the sides. If you're looking at it from a front view, the left one is bigger. Funny...

<div>
(lcars @ May 31 2008,6:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">we are going to get you your own forum section entitled lol's Q's&amp;A's . as there seems little point in posting after you have cos you always give such indepth and accurate answers lol  
sad.gif
</div>
Ha ha. Sorry! Had too much time on my hands that day!
smile.gif

My misses had/has some scoliosis issues so I had to swat it up a bit.

Back