Tricep extension machine

Biceps
Barbell curl
Cable curl

Back
Lat pull downs
Dumbbell shrugs
1 arm rows

Shoulders (unable to perfrom pressing motions ATM)
Barbell front raise
Side lateral machine
Rear delt dumbbell raise

Thighs
Single leg press
Leg ext
Leg curl

Calves
Calf raise (x2)

Midsection
Weighted crunch
Weighted side bends
Weighted sit up

Forearms
Dumbbell wrist raise (x2)
Behind back EZ bar wrist curl (x2)

Any suggestions? Should I add exercises? Take away some? What do you guys think? I'd appreciate it. I hate to do anything wrong, so if im gonna lift weigts, the routine needs to be impecable!

-Kyle

I agree- 21 exercises? That's way too many, unless you're alternating these. I'd cut them in half (assuming you're not alternating):

Chest-
Incline bench
Dips (elbows out)
Back-
Lat pulldowns (pullups are better, if you can do 'em)
Shoulders-
I'd do standing cable rows, or seated high cable rows if you
can't do presses
Thighs-
Squats
SLDLs or leg curls
Calves-
Standing raises
Bis-
One curling motion of choice, but alternate between several
Tris-
Overhead DB extension, but the machine is OK
Forearms-
Don't sweat these- they'll get enough from some of the other lifts, unless you really need to focus on these. For example, if one of your curls is reverse EZ curls, you'll hit the forearms just fine.

Remember- the KISS principle really works, especially in HST!

I agree with Jake's assessment, and the only change I'd make to that is to add in a rowing exercise for the back, and have 2 sets total for both chest and back, keep it balanced.

Don't worry about all of the individual deltoid raises, they're not necessary yet, and if you can't do any pressing then it sounds like a good idea to not over work the shoulder joints.

I guess its just so hard to embrace that less is better! It seems to go against everything ive ever come across. But i trust exercise physiology (which Bryan implements) so i trust this routine.

So keep volume low (2 sets per chest for example), just make sure to hit it every other day, and make sure it gets increasingly harder, and im good to go?

Thanks again!
-Kyle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kyleman1 @ April 06 2005,1:19)]So keep volume low (2 sets per chest for example), just make sure to hit it every other day, and make sure it gets increasingly harder, and im good to go?
Thanks again!
-Kyle
by "increasingly harder" I am assuming you mean progressively heavier....?? Just to clarify cuz you can't forget about that one!! :)

Back