my routine

lcars

i posted this on another site so you can ignore some of it.i decided to decend my reps in 2's so i could increase the weight every week without zigzagging.

my training program consists of 2 week blocks totaling 8 weeks which i train 3x a week and occasionally do a maintenance day(saturday)which i do extra dead lifts/abs etc

i start with high reps to get tendons and muscles ready for the heavy loads to come and it goes something like this:

week 1 16 reps
week 2 14 reps
week 3 12 reps
week 4 10 reps
week 5 8 reps
week 6 6 reps
week 7 4 reps
week 8 mon 3/wed 2/fri 1 rep(s)

rep ranges and sets arent written in stone amounts can vary but once accustomed to this type of workout they are easier to judge.some weeks you may have to zig zag the weights or stick with a certain weight for a couple of sessions as long as the weight increases each week end thats fine.

so each 8 week block consists of the same exercises increasing the load each day.

now for the exercises:
1 set in the first week then 2 sets there after until week 7/8 then 3 sets. for simplicity a sample workout.

2xbb flat bench
2xdb decline
2x bb military press
1x db arnie press
1x db rear delts
1x bb deadlift with 1 light and two heavy warm-ups
2x bb rows
2x squat/leg press
2x calf raise/press
2x db tricep press/pullovers
2x bicep chins
2x abs

to some it may seem alot but as ive stated before i dont go to failure apart from friday(the last workout in the week)and have no trouble with overtraining period.ive been using this program for a year with great results just thought id put it out there. critique if you like comments welcome.

Back