My second HST cycle

_scalpel_

I posted my first HST cycle a while back, and I did a daily split to save time, now I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my second cycle but with a few adjustments, what do you think?

Sun/Tue/Thu
Squats/Deadlifts Alternate
Flat Bench
Wide grip overhand lat pulldowns
BB shoulder presses
EZ Curls
Abs

Mon/Wed/Fri
Bent-over Unassisted Barbell Rows
Incline / Weighted Dips Alternate
Close grip underhand lat pulldowns
Military Presses
Skull crushers
BB Curls
Standing Calf Raises

I figure on doing more frequency for the back since I'm still not able to do unassisted chin-ups or pullups, so I think I need a lot of work for the back and arms (especially the biceps). Is my thinking right?

I used to do deadlifts and squats alternate days but it seems to strain my back a lot, since I'm also doing the bent-over barbell rows.

I'm able to finish my workouts in 45 minutes or so.

Thanks a lot guys.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I figure on doing more frequency for the back since I'm still not able to do unassisted chin-ups or pullups, so I think I need a lot of work for the back and arms (especially the biceps). Is my thinking right?</div>

Your thinking is right, to a point. I like the 6x/week frequency, but I would replace the Barbell Curls with Leg Curls. Someone else is going to say it, but you can also do SLDL's one day and Squats/Leg Press the other day too.

If you decide to go with Leg Curls, they would be a great isolation to hit the hamstrings when you are not doing deadlifts or squats. More importantly, you are already hitting your biceps pretty hard with the CG Lat Pulldowns.

I agree with dropping the BB curls, but I would forget about the leg curls and leg press.

If you're not doing squats or deads that day, then I'd suggest power cleans, or full squat cleans if you're looking to bring up your upper back.

Back