My Third Cycle

cnegotiator

Im doing AM/PM spilts and i know one of you had posted before an interesting workout. You do HST(mostly componds) every other day, and inbetween HST days you do isolated exercises.

Was i right? How has this worked for you? I'm thinking of just doing HST everyday with am/pm spilts but if you guys say you had good results i'll try your methods.

Thanks!

You're right.. compounds MWF and isolations TR (tuesday-thursday)

I think it worked well as I got a lot of feedback on my much bigger my arms are! However, I truely think I could have done a lot better if my diet wasn't screwed up. I was trying to cut, but I screwed up my TDEE (how many calories I burn/day) and it ended up turning into a slow bulk. Fausto was using it to cut also.

I did AM/PM splits on MWF as well. I think it's a pretty good cycle... and it's not boring at all with the use of the isolations. If you have never done AM/PM splits or everyday lifting, this may be something good to try before you try those.... (like ramp into the next cycle with this compound/iso split)

Good luck!

-Colby

ok thanks a lot!

this is my first am/pm cycle and i'm going to do mon wed fri HST compounds, tues thurs sat isolations and sunday off or cardio

could you give me a sample of what you do? i'm thinking of doing

am-
squats
leg extent
calves
incline bench
flat flies
rows on cable
shoulder press
pullups (narrow)
abs

pm-
leg press
leg curls
calves
flat bench
incline flies
db rows
shrugs
pullups (wide)
back flex

and iso days-
bb bi curls
db hammers
tri overhead extent
tri pulldowns
lat raise
delt raise
forearms

how does this sounds? too much? doing only 1-2 sets per exercise.

This is the basis of what I did:

MTWRF:
Pulley Crunches
Calf Raises

MWF AM:
SLDL
Squats
Chins
Dips
Military Press

MWF PM:
SLDL
Leg Press
Rows
Bench Press
Military Press

TR:
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Lateral Raises
Skullcrushers
Incline DB Curls
Shrugs

Your setup looks pretty similar to mine... I did more sets per exercise, but as you can see there are less exercises.

yeah i see... hmm i think i might make leg curls and extentions on iso days like you, and add sldl and add dips in place of one of the flies(forgot dips!)

i start it tomorrow and i still havent tweaked it yet, thanks again

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 15 2006,18:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is the basis of what I did:

MTWRF:
Pulley Crunches
Calf Raises

MWF AM:
SLDL
Squats
Chins
Dips
Military Press

MWF PM:
SLDL
Leg Press
Rows
Bench Press
Military Press

TR:
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Lateral Raises
Skullcrushers
Incline DB Curls
Shrugs

Your setup looks pretty similar to mine... I did more sets per exercise, but as you can see there are less exercises.</div>
Colby, you probably discussed it before but wouldn't that workout be hitting some muscle groups everyday?

But hey if it works...... May have to try it for a cycle. If I ever used aas with HSt that would be a kick ass program................

Hi there negotiator

Here's my sample routine.

It worked fine, but like Colby if I had eaten properly, I would have definitely added the size I needed, initially the intention was cutting, but it is suitable for a bulk cycle alright, just make sure you keep the frequency under control specially if you are doing 2 x day routine for componunds!
biggrin.gif

Oh...BTW...I input on the last column of each sheet my 1 RM and then the sheet calculates the rest, you may want to change the progression as I did my own thing there!

Cheers

I'm really interested in how this iso on days off would work. I want to include them in my next HST cycle, but everyone seems to think it'd be better to stick to the big exercises. So I'd do say:

MWF
Squats
SLDL
Bench
Dips
Chin Ups
Bent Over BB Rows
Seated Shoulder press
Crunches

TR
Shrugs
Bicep Curls
Lying Tricep Extensions
Crunches

So I'd be doing abs everyday... but for the TR exercises, I'd still do the progressive load right? It'd just be broken down into 4 workouts instead of 6. (Abs being broken into 10 workouts). Or am I missing something? Btw, I'm obviously not doing the AM/PM split.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Colby, you probably discussed it before but wouldn't that workout be hitting some muscle groups everyday?</div>

You're right Spyke, it's like doing 5x/week but not as heavy of a workout on the iso days. After experimenting with it for two cycles... I think it's good for a change (the iso's can be fun), a moderate frequency between 3x/week and the 6x/week or AM/PM 12x/week.... as I said, it's like a good ramp.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">but for the TR exercises, I'd still do the progressive load right? It'd just be broken down into 4 workouts instead of 6.</div>

That's what I did.. progressed it over 4 WO's.

Zero

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So I'd be doing abs everyday... but for the TR exercises, I'd still do the progressive load right? It'd just be broken down into 4 workouts instead of 6. (Abs being broken into 10 workouts). Or am I missing something? Btw, I'm obviously not doing the AM/PM split.</div>

Abs not a problem, they can be done even before &quot;hittting the sack&quot; anyways.
laugh.gif

Yeah, progression as per normal, might be benefitial to hit a drop set for arms, but still keeping some kind of progression over time, in other words your biggest weight on the drop set would keep getting heavier every other workout or once p/week or so.

I found it a best of both worlds situation, you still do the main compounds but isolations on off days (as Colby says - fun and enticing)
biggrin.gif

Back