Need advice on back to back days

turbo332

Hey all,
      I have done 3 HST cycles in the past and I am now ready to begin another.  I was planning on trying a max-stim plan next, but after one workout I was kind of annoyed with all the racking and unracking, so I'm gonna stick with HST (which gave good gains anyway).  My problem is that I work and workout on a  military base an hour from my home, and I have every other Friday off.  Hence, lifting M-W-F is not preferable.  
    My approach thus far is to train an A/B split on Monday/Tuesday, then full body on Thursday.  I chose this instead of just A/B A/B four times a week because I want a day for conditioning in the middle of the week.  So does this seem reasonable?  I figure I will do double the number of sets on the split days to keep volume similar to that of 3x a week full body (my preferred scheme).  Doing full body back to back on Monday and Tuesday just didn't strike me as a good idea, especially when the weights get heavier.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

turbo

Seems like good thinking so far, the equivalenvce would be to about 2x week full body (what I am currently doing).

The pushing of volume on the splits is also a good idea to keep things constant.

Watch the progression keep that steady. If it works well you should perhaps post you w/o as a log in the logs section.

Cheers
biggrin.gif

Back