Need help using calculator

You can always sue mine:

Jusat use the last column to put in your 1RM, then the calculator does the rest, also put in your own exercises, and if alternating just colour the font of the cell you don't want to read to the same colour as the other cells!

Don' worry about the extra cycles, just stuff I have tried out before!

Fausto, interesting .xls

I'm in my 7wk of my first HST cycle. What I did not like is that it seemed like I was working sub-max for most of the 15's and 10's. I'm liking the 5's. In 3rd week of 5's now and finally feeling like I'm working out again.

Your .xls seems to depart a bit from standard HST philosophy in that you push past your 1-repmax and set new maxes during the HST cycle. You also mix up the movements through each microcycle (15's, 10's and 5's).

Am I interpreting your .xls log correctly ?

I was actually about to make a post asking peoples thoughts on these two topics (especially setting new maxes during the cycle). I know that HST philosophy is to stay away from failure. But, I feel like I get my best results when I'm pushing new maxes.

Thank you !

-Robert

mmmm, Robert...... actually one thing is what you feel and a different thing is what is really happening.... I know it sounds rough.... but keeping away from failure is key in HST , it is not an accessory.... read this article,
http://www.ridgely.ws/publications/work-progression-part-3.pdf
it may give you some ideas ... well, I am assuming that hypertrophy is your main objective....... if it is strength then HIT is fine, pushing harder each time will make you stronger.

Scope

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your .xls seems to depart a bit from standard HST philosophy in that you push past your 1-repmax and set new maxes during the HST cycle.</div>
I only push past the 1 RM during negatives and that is allowed within HST principles, they are negatives after all, and yep I may as well be pushing into PR's but then again (choice)!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You also mix up the movements through each microcycle (15's, 10's and 5's).</div>

You mean I alternate, oh yes, I find it better to handle!

Ok Skull

Here's a copy just for you...or anyone for that matter!

I have tried it and it works, you will see I have put in words which column to put the 1 RM in, it is not withinn the worksheet, but the last column just after the wroksheet, then the sheet calculates everything for you.

I have alternated exercises and that is why you will see some &quot;invisible&quot; cells, these are just coloured in the same colour as the cell background, if you return the font colour to black they will be visible again!

Try it now and see!
cool.gif

Hey Skull,

Here is another HST calculator. I have set it up to be generic for anyone to use. Its been around a while, but I have tweaked it with new labels &amp; cells, etc...

You'll have to come up with your 15, 10 &amp; 5RM. It took me two weeks of testing, but is worth it to get it right.

Hope it helps!

Omega

Back