Need help with Increments.. It just seems too light?!

Tamintl

Hey guys!

Just been finalising my program and have been scratching my head over what weights to do for certain exercises.

I am working a M/W/F Split

For example: Incline Bench 15RM = 50kg [Increments of 2.5kg]

I am doing incline bench every workout.
This means 6 different weights of...
Monday - 37.5kg
Wednesday - 40kg
Friday - 42.5kg
Monday - 45kg
Wednesday - 47.5kg
Friday - 50kg

Correct?.. Heres my concern: Doing 37.5kg is going to feel like pushing air. Is it really going to help me if i do this light a weight? Surely this light a weight isnt going to cause micro-trauma to the muscles?

I came up with this modified version:
Monday - 40kg
Wednesday - 42.5kg
Friday - 45kg
Monday - 47.5kg
Wednesday - 47.5kg
Friday - 50kg

This would mean doing 47.5kg twice. Would this modified programme be more benifital than my original one? as i miss out the lightest weight..

Please be honest and tell me if i should stick to the original theory or adopt my modified routine?

Kind Regards
Tamintl

Hey guys!

Just been finalising my program and have been scratching my head over what weights to do for certain exercises.

I am working a M/W/F Split

For example: Incline Bench 15RM = 50kg [Increments of 2.5kg]

I am doing incline bench every workout.
Monday - 37.5kg
Wednesday - 40kg
Friday - 42.5kg
Monday - 45kg
Wednesday - 47.5kg
Friday - 50kg

Correct?.. Heres my concern: Doing 37.5kg is going to feel like pushing air. Is it really going to help me if i do this light a weight? Surely this light a weight isnt going to cause micro-trauma to the muscles?

I came up with this modified version:
Monday - 40kg
Wednesday - 42.5kg
Friday - 45kg
Monday - 47.5kg
Wednesday - 47.5kg
Friday - 50kg

This would mean doing 47.5kg twice. Would this modified programme be more benifital than my original one? as i miss out the lightest weight..

Please be honest and tell me if i should stick to the original theory or adopt my modified routine?

Kind Regards
Tamintl
thats not a problem you could also do this

thats not a problem you could also do this

Thanks for your reply!

I dont mind starting at the low weights but i was wondering if i was likely to see more muscle mass if i were to start at the lighter weights instead of repeating weights? My goal is hypertrophy rather than strength gains.

Wouldnt repeating weights be more suited towards strength training?

Sorry for all the questions
Tamintl

Thanks for your reply!

I dont mind starting at the low weights but i was wondering if i was likely to see more muscle mass if i were to start at the lighter weights instead of repeating weights? My goal is hypertrophy rather than strength gains.

Wouldnt repeating weights be more suited towards strength training?

Sorry for all the questions
Tamintl
as long as the load goes up over the cycle thats all that matters TBH,but alot of people struggle doing the light 15s,they feel it isnt enough,if thats the case instead of starting at 70% start at 80% and double up,or you could do more reps ie 17,18,19, just make sure you stop one short of faliure.

as long as the load goes up over the cycle thats all that matters TBH,but alot of people struggle doing the light 15s,they feel it isnt enough,if thats the case instead of starting at 70% start at 80% and double up,or you could do more reps ie 17,18,19, just make sure you stop one short of faliure.

Thanks again..

Here is my programme, Does this look okay? (The gaps mean i am not doing that exercise on that given day.

View attachment 1944

Tamintl

sheets a bit small difficult to see,but it looks ok,if it gets to difficult when you get to the 5s/10s drop some of the isos.

Back