New Cutting Cycle

tetrah

Hi, I haven't posted in a while, but i still actively read the forums.

This cutting cycle, i'm trying to eat at maintenance. I went on a low calorie diet last time and I wasn't too happy with that.

Here's my workout:

12x a week (morning/night)
Weighted Pullups
Weighted Dips

6x a week
Deadlift
Standing Military Press
Squat

Cardio:
3-4 minute hiit on precor (10 second sprint @ 11-12 mph/ 20 second jog @ 3-5 mph)
10 minute run on precor (medium speed, most likely 5-6 mph)

- I'm controlling volume with clustering, preferably trying to hit 10 reps per workout. I've already started off heavy, probably in the region of starting on the 1st day of 5's.

- I plan on increasing my weights every 3 workouts or twice a week so i'll hit near my 5 rep max by week 7 or 8.

Any critiques would be helpful. Thanks.
smile.gif

That is by far the shortest workout I have seen, it contains the essentials though, should work.
wow.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This cutting cycle, i'm trying to eat at maintenance. I went on a low calorie diet last time and I wasn't too happy with that.</div>

Exactly my approach, that way you can cut out the muscle loss.
wink.gif

Just the cardio? 10 sec sprints 20 sec jogs? That is Tabata the other way round. Anyway, any variety of HIIT should work and there are 100's, I was just curious.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That is by far the shortest workout I have seen, it contains the essentials though, should work.
wow.gif

</div>

Hehe ever since I started doing strictly compounds around winter, I've fallen in love
biggrin.gif

Also, I used to go during peak hours at my gym, and having alot of exercises made me stay there for atleast an hour since I had to wait for different machines. Those horrible memories of standing around doing nothing makes me want to keep my workouts short
laugh.gif
My workout basically takes 15-20 min at the gym (i do the pullup/dips at home).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
Just the cardio? 10 sec sprints 20 sec jogs? That is Tabata the other way round. Anyway, any variety of HIIT should work and there are 100's, I was just curious.
</div>

I actually used to do 1 minute sprint, 1 minute jog, but it got too tiring to keep up with a minute. Later on I started doing 30sec sprint/30 sec jog which was still a bit too much more me. Then I ended up doing 15 sec spring/ 45 sec jog which was a bit too easy due to long gap between sprints. THen I tried 10 sec sprint and 20 sec jog which gives me a good time to recover without feeling too recovered (if that makes sense).

Hehe I actually tried doing tabata with squats and let's just say I think I almost died
wink.gif

You want near a near death experience: Try Tabata with a single movement of a Powercleaned followed by and overhead press, I call them PCP´s because not only is the first letter of each word but you look like James Brown after a PCP trip!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it kicks butt.

Back