new cycle monday

cnegotiator

ive been doing 3x a week hst, tues thurs isos like two people had experimented with and i liked that.

if i were to go to 6 times a week hst (got the idea from the poll), would i do isos? would i just add isos liek tues adn thurs on top of the hst? i feel my biceps are what i really need to work on the most too.

thank you for suggestons

You can do a compound/iso split or just add an isolation exercise such as incline DB curls on top of your compounds.

I did that in my second cycle until I reached the 5s. Then I found that fatigue from my heavy arm isos were hampering the next day's compound lifts. I have since read that you should decrease volume (of the isos, not the compounds) to avoid that.

Edit: Just read O&G's post ^^^ what he said!!!

jesus if i did 6 times a week or spilt am/pm id feel like id never left the gym,i like to get in,hit hard and get out,then spend time recovering and eating,the gyms important but the latter is just as important.

dont get me wrong i love the gym but its important to get in and get out,do whats necessary.you may be resting certain body parts but overall fatigue could be an issue,if not growth could be affected imho.

if you were to do a 4x a week splitt. How would you set this up? I can't do Wo at saturday. So I was thinking of a M,Tu,Th, F - AB fullbodywo scheme.

<div>
(Nils2u @ Sep. 11 2006,02:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">if you were to do a 4x a week splitt. How would you set this up? I can't do Wo at saturday. So I was thinking of a M,Tu,Th, F - AB fullbodywo scheme.</div>
Agreed I would go 4 days p/w before 6, build up each aspect (weight, volume, frequency) each cycle, don't try to go too hard too soon. And of course lower volume as you increase frequency accordingly.

I think start by doing Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, as some people are starting to suggest, every 36 hours (as this is the period of time post-workout anabolism lasts), so that means AM day 1, PM day 2, rest day 3, AM day 4 etc.

Training before 36 hours is probably too soon for natural lifters, take advantage of the anabolic effect, and recovery time.

Back